Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Digital Video Editing and Encoding ( No Answer,   2 Comments )
Subject: Digital Video Editing and Encoding
Category: Computers > Graphics
Asked by: mrkentsanderson-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 15 Nov 2005 11:38 PST
Expires: 15 Dec 2005 11:38 PST
Question ID: 593339
I have 40 minutes of high-resolution footage on a DigiBeta cassette.
I'm looking to edit this on my home PC (a very fast system), but am
unsure how to get the footage onto my hard drive, and in a form that
allows me to edit smoothly. I have been considering using the HDV
format as a "finishing" codec for the film, but don't know how to get
the digibeta into HDV. Is this possible, and what's the cheapest
possible way to do it? Is there a better way?

Clarification of Question by mrkentsanderson-ga on 15 Nov 2005 11:43 PST
How do I get the best video quality from digibeta onto a PC?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Digital Video Editing and Encoding
From: serkhan-ga on 15 Nov 2005 15:46 PST
You can use one of avermedia products 
for more information
you can see there a list of PCI devices which can be used for Video
Capture & Editing. These devices can capture video from TV, VCR,
digital/analog camcorder ... etc.
Subject: Re: Digital Video Editing and Encoding
From: arthy-ga on 16 Dec 2005 10:45 PST
Since you are having a Digibeta tape, you need a Digibeta player to
play the tape.So better send it to a post-production company and ask
them to grab using uncompressed NLE system, and ask them to give the
footage as file sequence in a USb or Firewire drive. You can connect
this to your system and import to whatever the editing system you are

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy