Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Countries to Immigrate ( No Answer,   7 Comments )
Subject: Countries to Immigrate
Category: Relationships and Society > Government
Asked by: hotortillas-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 10 Dec 2005 08:37 PST
Expires: 09 Jan 2006 08:37 PST
Question ID: 604062
If I am a mexican 34 yrs old, speaks english, and is married (wife has
her own hair saloon) with 2 kids. Which would be my best bet to
immigrate legally to a first rated economy country?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Countries to Immigrate
From: irlandes-ga on 11 Dec 2005 09:40 PST
While I can't answer your question as such, I just had a similar
question from a man in rural Puebla where we are building a house.  A
brilliant young man who speaks fluent English and has a degree in
Communications and high computer skills wanted to find (legal) work in
the US in the tourism industry.

The answer I received on Lonely Planet Thorn Tree travel forum was
that ski resorts in the U.S. hire many foreigners, helping them obtain
H1-B visas, for the six month winter season.  Of course, that does not
make the transition to full-time, but he hopes to make contacts for
full-time work.

It would be necessary to look for such positions on Web, I guess.

One might be cleaning hotel rooms for all I know, but with good
record, should be able to repeat every year.

Hope there is an answer for you.  It has to be a country which needs
more workers, and at this time except as stated above, that is not the
Subject: Re: Countries to Immigrate
From: hotortillas-ga on 12 Dec 2005 06:08 PST
Thanks, I did not knew that, that could always be an option.

Subject: Re: Countries to Immigrate
From: mosheebner-ga on 20 Dec 2005 08:50 PST
you might want to consider thinking about matters from the other way
around.  Right now as mentioned above the US is overloaded with
foreigners so that's not a great option.  Western Europe of course is
worried because of the situation the arabs have put them in.  But how
about going to a place that will put you into a more favorable
position to migrate.  What I'm thinking of is Eastern European
countries such as poland or the Ukraine which at the moment are
nowheresville but within the next couple of years are slated to join
the European Union at which case all its citizens will be free to live
and work in any other EU country including the western European ones
(england France Germany) which might not accept you as one of theirs. 
At that point you could work as say a Polish or turkish citizen
(Turkey may also join the EU) in london or paris and live like the
people in those countries even though your EU passport will happen to
have "Polish" stamped on it
Subject: Re: Countries to Immigrate
From: hotortillas-ga on 20 Dec 2005 09:59 PST
Excellent answer, i was not aware of this, will check with wife, do
you have to post it as answer to pay? or how do I do it?
Subject: Re: Countries to Immigrate
From: hedgie-ga on 20 Dec 2005 14:26 PST
The statement by  mosheebner-ga 

 "poland or the Ukraine which at the moment are nowheresville"

 Shows a high degree of ignorance about the subjectmatter:

Poland is spelled with capital P and already is in EU,
it is by no means a nowheresville, and it is not easy to immigrate to.

Traditional 'immigration countries' Australia, US, Canada .. are still
easier for legal immigration and integration.
Subject: Re: Countries to Immigrate
From: roby_peru-ga on 28 Dec 2005 14:09 PST

Si eres menor de 45 años, hablas ingles (intermedio - avanzado) y
tienes una carrera tecnica o universitaria, creo que Australia es el
mejor lugar para ir.
¿Por que?

1. El tramite de migracion es BASTANTE sencillo
2. No investigan tu pasado economico
3. Si vas a una zona de baja poblacion el gobierno te ayuda, y solo
estas obligado a quedarte alli por 2 años, hasta que te dan la
residencia permanente.
4. TODO el pais de desarrollado, no como en America Latina, donde solo
la capital tiene las mejores posibilidades.
5. El sistema de salud es de los mejores del mundo, que mejor que
asegurar tu salud y la de tu familia.
6. Si tu esposa sabe ingles... pues que espera??? Las peluqueras son
muy buscadas en Australia, hasta tienen bonificacion.

Te recomiendo asesorarte con un agente migratorio, es caro, pero vale
la pena la inversion.

No se si en Mexico habran otros, seguro que si, pero Southern Cross
son los mejores (y mas caros).

En Peru el tramite te sale aprox. 5000 a 6000 dolares. Si lo haces por
tu cuenta (debes saber MUY BIEn el ingles) te sale 2000 dolares aprox.
Si tu esposa no habla ingles te sale mas caro...
Subject: Re: Countries to Immigrate
From: hotortillas-ga on 02 Jan 2006 06:16 PST
Gracias. Lo voy a tomar en consideracion.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy