Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Editing digital pictures ( Answered 4 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: Editing digital pictures
Category: Computers
Asked by: pgj26-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 13 Dec 2005 18:08 PST
Expires: 12 Jan 2006 18:08 PST
Question ID: 605547
I would like to insert part of a digital picture into another digital
picture?  Can I do that with Windows XP standard software or do I have
to purchase special software?  Thanks.
Subject: Re: Editing digital pictures
Answered By: webadept-ga on 13 Dec 2005 18:16 PST
Rated:4 out of 5 stars

There is a program called GIMP (Graphic Image Manipulation Program)
which is great for this kind of thing, and is free to download and

The Paint program that comes with windows is not as sophisticated, but
can do some minor editing and cut and paste type of functions. It will
also work on the JPG files that most digital cameras produce. Go to
Start->Programs->Accessories->Paint to start the program. 



Request for Answer Clarification by pgj26-ga on 13 Dec 2005 19:14 PST
I've checked the site.  Having trouble downloading a program that will
run.  Which download should I use.  Will it be a separate program? 

Clarification of Answer by webadept-ga on 13 Dec 2005 21:12 PST

Go to
download and install 

GTK+ 2 for Windows (version 2.6.9)
and then
The Gimp for Windows (version 2.2.9)
in that order, and it should work after you restart the computer. 


pgj26-ga rated this answer:4 out of 5 stars and gave an additional tip of: $1.00

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy