Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Where is this toy from the 70's? ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   2 Comments )
Subject: Where is this toy from the 70's?
Category: Sports and Recreation > Toys
Asked by: ccplus1-ga
List Price: $3.00
Posted: 14 Dec 2005 06:49 PST
Expires: 13 Jan 2006 06:49 PST
Question ID: 605697
I had a oval shaped plastic-encased 'toy' with a blue & white
sand-like substance in it when I was a kid in the '70s; you could turn
the approximately 10" long x 5" wide thing around & watch the sands
swirl around each other. Now as an adult, I'm thinking it would be
very therapeutic! I can't think of the name of this thing for the life
of me- so that's the first question; secondly, I'd love to know if
it's still sold & where I could find one to purchase.
Subject: Re: Where is this toy from the 70's?
Answered By: bobbie7-ga on 14 Dec 2005 07:11 PST
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hi Ccplus1!

I believe the ?toy? you recall is Wham-O?s Magic Window.

Here are some images of  the Magic Window

 ?Magic window has volcanic action and was made of "MILLIONS OF
MICRODIUM CRYSTALS." The cool thing about this toy is that the two
colors of "crystals", blue and white, do not mix, but stay separated
somehow to create a "magic action", and "swirling effects."  The
window is made of  hard clear plastic and measures approximately 10
inches long by 7 1/4 inches wide and comes with the original clear
plastic stand. This is in excellent condition and will give many hours
of enjoyment and no two pictures will ever look the same.?

Purchase the Magic Window on Ebay:

Or here:

Or here:

And here:


Magic Window by Wham-O

?Mint in Mint box, with insert and stand! 
Wow. Beautiful condition. works great of course. 
Make swirly designs . 
Very cool. 
Free Shipping in USA?

Item Number: 6067

Purchase here:

How to order


Search criteria:
Plastic toy sand blue white vintage
Magic Window Wham-O

I hope the information provided is helpful!

Best regards,
ccplus1-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars
Exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you sooo much! (It's the little
things in life :-)

Subject: Re: Where is this toy from the 70's?
From: markvmd-ga on 14 Dec 2005 09:28 PST
Similar items are also available. I saw a rectangular one in a frame,
perfect for placing on a desk, at the aquarium recently.
Subject: Re: Where is this toy from the 70's?
From: oldcowpoke-ga on 26 Dec 2005 11:16 PST
I found the original creator of this toy is offering a new Magic
Window at My grand kids love it and I'll have to
admit, when they're not around, I find it fasinating myself!

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy