Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Historical military research ( Answered,   2 Comments )
Subject: Historical military research
Category: Family and Home > Seniors
Asked by: chickenknee-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 25 Apr 2002 15:16 PDT
Expires: 25 May 2002 15:16 PDT
Question ID: 6061
What is the British Army service history from enlistment to the
current date of the British Army officer known as Major Beck of the
Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers including past appointments
and with which Units he has served including dates.

Request for Question Clarification by missy-ga on 25 Apr 2002 18:14 PDT
Do you have Major Beck's first name?  His approximate date of
enlistment might also be helpful.
Subject: Re: Historical military research
Answered By: skis4jc-ga on 01 May 2002 15:10 PDT
Dear Chickenknee,

Thank you for your inquiry!

According to the Army Service Records, The Ministry of Defense doesn’t
normally release any information from service records to persons other
than the individual or their family.  You must be able to prove
kinship for the information you are looking for.

However, if you would still like to try, here is who to contact:

Army Personnel Centre, 
Kentigern House, 
65 Brown Street, 
G2 8EX 
Tel: 0141 224 2023 or 3303
Fax: 0141 224 2144

You could also try the Public Record Office, or your local County
Records Office:

The Public Record Office, 
Ruskin Avenue, 
Surrey TW9 4DU. 
Telephone: 020-8876 3444. 
Fax: 020-8878 8905. 

All of this information came from the official Military site for the
United Kingdom:

Military information

This is where the Headquarters of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical
Engineers are located and their contact information:

Louisburg Barracks
GU35 0NE

Tel: 01420 489697 / 01420 482260
Fax: 01420 475770

This is a useful site if you have more information about Major Beck
and would like to search on your own:

Search terms used:
British Army
Royal Electrical and Mechinnical Engineers
UK military records
Major Beck

Thank you again and have a good day!

Kind Regards,
Subject: Re: Historical military research
From: biggles-ga on 26 Apr 2002 19:02 PDT
The Ministry of Defence has contact numbers and addresses which may
help, together with links to other organisations at:
Subject: Re: Historical military research
From: biggles-ga on 26 Apr 2002 19:06 PDT
I forgot to add to my previous comment that the British military is
secretive about details concerning serving or retired service
personnel.  Individual personnel have in the past been targetted by
terrorists (specifically the IRA) both on and off duty.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy