Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Tracking Equipment ( Answered,   3 Comments )
Subject: Tracking Equipment
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: zsazsa-ga
List Price: $15.00
Posted: 26 Apr 2002 01:58 PDT
Expires: 26 May 2002 01:58 PDT
Question ID: 6140
What gadgets exist which when attached to a metallic object that may
be moved will report the object's new position to a "base"?  What are
the objects' trade names & who supplies them in the UK?

Request for Question Clarification by drdavid-ga on 26 Apr 2002 15:03 PDT
Are you, in fact, looking for something like a GPS-based tracking
system for a delivery fleet of vehicles? Or are you more interested in
something that can, say, track the movement of an object inside a room
or warehouse? What spatial resolution and range are you looking for?
Do you need 2D coordinates or 3D?

Clarification of Question by zsazsa-ga on 27 Apr 2002 12:16 PDT
I am looking for a device, with its own power supply, that can be
attached to a car very simply which will emit a signal to report the
car's position - either at any time or at a predetermined time.
Subject: Re: Tracking Equipment
Answered By: penguin-ga on 27 Apr 2002 14:56 PDT
Hi zsazsa!

One self-powered device that will track your metallic object from its
location to a base up to 6,000 km away is the Alpha 5 (Molecular
Locating Equipment). You can locate the manufacturer and supplier for
this equipment by Telephone 01604 468689, Fax 01604 468685, or e-mail
Spy Equipment On-line

CarBug is a personal satellite system that contains a satellite
receiver box for the vehicle you are tracking, a mobile phone for your
transmitter, and software to track the exact location, speed, and
direction of your vehicle. To order this system you can call the order
hotline at 020 7222 7284.
CarBug: The Home of Vehicle Tracking Systems

Search Terms Used: 

"UK"  "self powered"  "tracking device"

I hope this helps!

Subject: Re: Tracking Equipment
From: micke-ga on 26 Apr 2002 05:39 PDT
There is a comparison list of Car-tracking devices, wich ofcourse uses GPS
to see where the car is located.

Read here.

There are several devices to choose from.
When using a device like this, your ensurance cost will be less.
Subject: Re: Tracking Equipment
From: penguin-ga on 03 May 2002 13:27 PDT
Hello again ZsaZsa!
I have found more tracking devices for you. These are available in the

Spyman Equipment has a Radio Frequency Tracker that can locate a
vehicle 3 miles away from the transmitter.
Spyman Equipment
Unit D Henfield Business Park 
Henfield Sussex BN5 9SL (uk)

Sales  44 (0) 1273  491490
Fax  44 (0) 1273  491813

TrakM8 is another option for your tracking needs. The TrakM8 is
produced by Interactive Projects Limited (IPL) Telephone Orders
Tel:0870 770 1697
Fax:0870 770 1698

I hope these sites can help you!
Subject: Re: Tracking Equipment
From: rushy-ga on 03 Aug 2004 07:17 PDT
we supply the CarBug products in the North East of England.  You can
visit our website at
Contact Sales on 0191 514 0999

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy