Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Criminal Records Czech Republic ( Answered,   1 Comment )
Subject: Criminal Records Czech Republic
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: beccareid-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 23 Feb 2006 16:01 PST
Expires: 25 Mar 2006 16:01 PST
Question ID: 700133
What are the detailed steps to obtain a criminal record for someone
that lived in the Czech Republic for pre-employment screening
Subject: Re: Criminal Records Czech Republic
Answered By: hedgie-ga on 27 Feb 2006 21:48 PST
The practice in the Czech Republic is that the individual seeking employment,
(or other appoinment) is asked to provide a document which shows his/her status.
 It is called 'Výpis z rejst?íku trest?'  in czech, costs about $2.

 For use abroad in can be issued with appostile,as axplained here

Here is description in english . Entry : Penal Register

There is an European Treaty ?. 550/1992 Sb. (20. 4. 1959 ?trasburk) which
allows thatb office to send records to court organs in other countries.

For a private business (in US) the best methods would be to follow the
local (CR) practice and ask the applicant to provide the 'Výpis' (Content
of the personal register) with an appostille.

US is a member of Hague convention (about appostille), 
so that such document is legaly valid in the US.

Subject: Re: Criminal Records Czech Republic
From: scriptor-ga on 23 Feb 2006 16:08 PST
As far as I know, such information is protected by privacy laws in the
Czech Republic. Criminal records can be only obtained by the
respective individuals.


Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy