Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Help for a burned firefighter Question 705119 J. Glenn Davis ( No Answer,   2 Comments )
Subject: Help for a burned firefighter Question 705119 J. Glenn Davis
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: myoarin-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 09 Mar 2006 05:12 PST
Expires: 08 Apr 2006 06:12 PDT
Question ID: 705295
Dear Glenn,
A Researcher has locked your question and is, I am sure, rushing to
find information for you - for your friend.

You are right, the best burn center possible.

This is a list of US burn centers:

This is one of the best, I believe, if it is the one a Mil. Chaplain
told me about, which was in Arizona.

And this may be the primary military hospital for burns::

And this is probably the nearest to you:

If a Researcher can pass this information on to the colleague working
on the question, please do.  Thanks, Myoarin
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Help for a burned firefighter Question 705119 J. Glenn Davis
From: byrd-ga on 09 Mar 2006 07:22 PST
Thanks for posting this information, Myoarin. I hope jglenndavis-ga
sees it. This comment should bump it to the top of the list. Future
comments can help to keep it on top. A message has been sent to the
Researcher holding the lock on Question 705199.

I would second your recommendation of the Brooke Army Medical Center,
Army Burn Center in San Antonio, TX as the premier facility in the
U.S., perhaps even worldwide, for this type of injury. They do accept
civilan patients; I know this because I worked for many years in a
litigation support company in Texas, and we worked with many
individuals, military and civilian, who received burn care at Brooke.
I'm fairly sure they can also arrange for critical care transport for
the patient. Address and main phone number are:  3851 Roger Brooke
Drive; Fort Sam Houston, Tx 78234 (210) 916-4141

Best wishes,
Subject: Re: Help for a burned firefighter Question 705119 J. Glenn Davis
From: cynthia-ga on 09 Mar 2006 15:49 PST
Here is a link to the question being discussed:

Subject: Treating badly burned firefighter 
Category: Miscellaneous 
Asked by: jglenndavis-ga

The patients is named Destry Horton.  He's currently at the Paul
Silverman Burn Center, one of myoarin's links above:

I am thinking about buying one of those GIANT greeting (get well)
cards, and driving to all the local Fire Stations here in Seattle, and
asking Seattle Firefighters to sign the card and send prayers.

Anyone want to join me?

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy