Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: E-business in Florida, Delaware, Nevada or Wyoming ( Answered 4 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: E-business in Florida, Delaware, Nevada or Wyoming
Category: Business and Money > Small Businesses
Asked by: jin7-ga
List Price: $25.00
Posted: 19 Mar 2006 07:17 PST
Expires: 18 Apr 2006 08:17 PDT
Question ID: 709140
I'm a young entrepeneur from Spain, I'm developing a web sevice
(e-business), and I'm planning to setting up a C corporation
(single-member, by now) in the U.S.A.

Mi idea is setting up the corporation, open a bank account, and
setting up a virtual office. Once the e-business is online and it has
positive results I would go to live to the chosen state (if I get a
visa card).

In the first, the web service will be available for USA and Canada,
only. And if it goes well it will be expanded to Europe. I thinks that
i'm going to use Paypal service to receive the payments.

* State for incorporating

I choose a corporation over a LLC because being optimistic and
foresighted it will allow to attractive investment and capital
incentive to attract key and talented employees.

Now, I'm in doubt of what state to choose. I am considering places
like Florida and Delaware. But mainly I prefer Nevada and Wyoming,
because there are not taxes for corporations.

Which state do you recommend me? 

I have seen:

but I need some good advice. And I would be secure that taxes from
recommended state has not been changed in this year.

* Server hosting in another state

A simpler question:

Can I have the dedicated/virtual server hosting in another state
different from where is registered the corporation? _without pay


Clarification of Question by jin7-ga on 19 Mar 2006 14:23 PST
I would go to live to the chosen state until that I have a well team
in the corporation. I will not be in USA for more than 8 weeks to the

Clarification of Question by jin7-ga on 19 Mar 2006 14:59 PST
I have verified in the next link that taxes have not changed for
Florida, Delaware, Nevada and Wyoming, at least.
Subject: Re: E-business in Florida, Delaware, Nevada or Wyoming
Answered By: taxmama-ga on 20 Mar 2006 05:09 PST
Rated:4 out of 5 stars
Dear Jin,

You're done a great deal of research. Excellent.

Your best choice for your corporation is Delaware.


Nevada has raised their fees. 
And many incorporate in Nevada companies have their
agent of service address, and your office mailing
address in Las Vegas, and the city of Las Vegas has
started charging a license fee. 

Florida actually does have some taxes for assets, 
which your corporation may someeday have.

Wyoming - sorry, I don't know anything about the corporate
environment in that state. But it might someday be an interesting
place to live. You can decide that once you move to the USA.

The best place, for now, is Delaware. They require only one 
report per year - with a low annual franchise fee. 

The folks at Valis can help you set that up and provide you
with the virtual office, phones, mail forwarding etc.

They are entirely focused on people like you, who are outside
the country. David Gendron can help advise you about how to get
a bank account. It's gotten harder for foreign nationals to do 
that since the Homeland Security rules have hit the banking 

Incidentally, if you need advice about doing business in Canada, 
as it happens, Gendron also has an office in Canada. He can help
you with that, too. And he can point you to reliable people to 
help you with your taxes and give you guidance on American 
bookkeeping requirements.

Best wishes

Your TaxMama-ga

Clarification of Answer by taxmama-ga on 20 Mar 2006 05:10 PST
Oh yes, you mentioned living in a state.

Once you decide to move here and select a state
to live in, you'll just register your Delaware
corporation in that state.

And if you ever move to a different state, you
won't have to close the corporation, you just 
register your Delaware corporation in the new state.



Request for Answer Clarification by jin7-ga on 20 Mar 2006 05:59 PST
But if I register the Delaware corporation in another state (a state
to live in temporarily), then it's considered as a foreign company and
it has to pay taxes. Or am I wrong?

Clarification of Answer by taxmama-ga on 20 Mar 2006 06:42 PST
Hi Jin,

Yes, you're right. You have to register as a foreign corporation.

No, you don't have to pay taxes if corporations in that state
don't pay taxes. 

If the state has a tax, like CA, you'll have to pay it. 

It's not usually different for foreign corporations.

You have excellent insight.


jin7-ga rated this answer:4 out of 5 stars

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy