Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Crossing the Canadian Border ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   2 Comments )
Subject: Crossing the Canadian Border
Category: Reference, Education and News > General Reference
Asked by: jonah1111-ga
List Price: $3.00
Posted: 04 Apr 2006 00:03 PDT
Expires: 04 May 2006 00:03 PDT
Question ID: 715236
Hi, I'm 16 years old and am planning on taking a trip on either Amtrak
or Greyhound with three of my friends. Our plan is to end up in
Vancouver but were wondering weather or not the three of us will be
able to cross the border if we are not with any one over the age of
18. We all have passports and could get signed letters from our
parents if that is any help.
Subject: Re: Crossing the Canadian Border
Answered By: alanna-ga on 06 Apr 2006 11:24 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hi jonah1111-ga,

The Canadian government does not stipulate a minimum age for crossing the border.

It can't hurt to have letters from your parents to the effect that in
case of emergency they are prepared to come to your aid.

To be extra sure, I recommend that you contact the Canadian consular
office in the largest city near your home.

You can get the address and phone number at the following website:

I hope this does the trick.  Have a great trip.

jonah1111-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars
That was perfect, thank you so much.

Subject: Re: Crossing the Canadian Border
From: skywayman-ga on 04 Apr 2006 03:00 PDT
From this site
it states that "Any person under the age of 18 and traveling alone
should carry a letter from his/her parent or guardian authorizing the
trip. Travelers without such documentation may experience delays at
the port of entry." Hope this helps.

Search topics: US canadian border age
Search engine: ://
Subject: Re: Crossing the Canadian Border
From: nelson-ga on 04 Apr 2006 03:42 PDT
It wouldn't hurt to get it notarized.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy