Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Wage garnishment ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Wage garnishment
Category: Business and Money > Finance
Asked by: desperatefreshgrad-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 18 Apr 2006 12:36 PDT
Expires: 18 May 2006 12:36 PDT
Question ID: 720263
 I racked up credit card debt to pay for my tution and now that I have
graduated and got a well paying job I paid of most of my previous debt
. there were a few accounts that were with collections that I paid
off. I fell behind on one and before I could make amends, an order was
given by a court to garnish my wage I am really worried abt that
showing on my report . Is it ok to contact the lawyer and repay the
amount or would the judjement show up on my report even if I pay that
amount in full.
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Wage garnishment
From: cigarkingjay-ga on 18 Apr 2006 17:48 PDT
My suggestion is to do the following:

1. Go to and order up all three of your credit
reports. (Equifax, Experian and Trans Union) You could try and get
your "free annual" reports but those can take time to process.

2. You need to review your reports. Chances are there is lots of
information on them that are inaccurate. You absolutely want to
dispute entries on your reports that are truthfully not yours.

3. You absolutely want to hire the Lexington Law Firm. (Google them,
they're fairly inexpensive) Do NOT go with a non-profit debt
consolidation company.

4. You need to go on the offensive and protect your interests. 

Finally, a collection agent or attorney CAN NOT garnish your wages
unless they have won a judgment against you. Even if they have, you
need to fight it, challenge the validity of the judgment. Your
financial future is at stake. These people will eat you alive and feed
you to the pit bulls unless you put the fear of the Lord into them.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy