Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: immigration Registration ( Answered,   1 Comment )
Subject: immigration Registration
Category: Relationships and Society > Law
Asked by: carbomb101-ga
List Price: $40.00
Posted: 28 Apr 2006 23:13 PDT
Expires: 28 May 2006 23:13 PDT
Question ID: 723871

What are the neccessary steps, from point a to b - step 1 through 10 if so,
How does an illegal immigrant get a Social Security Number.
And a California ID,

This person I know has been living here since she was 7 years old; and
doesn't have the proper documents, she does however have papers from

shes' now 21 and I know some part of that citizenship test, is that'
you're here legally after 14 years of being a resident. -- her mom and
father do own/rent a house. --- how can this in any possible way
define her status of being a U.S Resident?

Please help me, in a fast and easy way to tackle this process so i can
get her registered right away.
Subject: Re: immigration Registration
Answered By: czh-ga on 01 May 2006 21:41 PDT
Hello carbomb101-ga,

I?m glad for your friend that she has someone who wants to help her
with resolving any problems with her immigration status. As you
surmise, getting her situation reviewed and corrected is a complex
problem. I cannot give you legal advice but I can provide you some
background information on how to get started with getting your friend
the help she needs.

I suggest that you start with reviewing the information from the
appropriate government agencies. You will have to consult with your
friend to get detailed information about her personal situation.

It appears that she may need legal advice from an organization and/or
lawyer who is familiar with the legal landscape and will be able to
advise her on how to proceed. I?ve provided you some additional links
to help you find competent legal help.

Immigration reform is a moving target and is in the news daily. I
advise you to keep up to date about current developments by reading
the papers or online news postings.

I hope that everything will be resolved quickly and favorably for your friend.

~ czh ~

Immigration Services and Benefits

Welcome to the Immigration Services and Benefits Home Page. This page
provides information on the services provided by the USCIS to
applicants, petitioners, authorized representatives, community-based
organizations, and the general public.

Included among the immigration benefits the USCIS oversees are:
citizenship, asylum, lawful permanent residency, employment
authorization, refugee status, inter-country adoptions, replacement
immigration documents, family and employment related immigration, and
foreign student authorization.

In addition to administering the programs that provide these benefits,
we also work to answer questions and find solutions to problems
brought to our attention by the public, special interest groups, other
government agencies, and the U.S. Congress regarding immigration

For links to information on types and availability of immigrant and
nonimmigrant visas to the United States, please see our Immigration
Classifications and Visa Categories page.

Immigration Classifications and Visa Categories

Immigrant Visas

Other Immigrant Channels

Green Cards (LPR)

This section of the USCIS Website provides you with information and
directions necessary to apply for lawful permanent residence (LPR), or
"green cards". You will have the opportunity to access information
regarding ways to get a "green card". A "green card" gives you
official immigration status (Lawful Permanent Residency) in the United
states. If you already are a permanent resident, you may want to read
Now That You Are A Permanent Resident.

Immigration Through a Family Member

California Department of Motor Vehicles

How to apply for a driver license if you are over 18

How to apply for or renew an identification (ID) card

Social security number (SSN) requirement

Social Security Numbers For Noncitizens
SSA Publication No. 05-10096, December 2005,


Immigration Lawyer Referral Service

The Immigration Legal Assistance Project
Sponsored by the Los Angeles County Bar Association

Immigration Consultant Fraud

Immigrant Justice in the Consumer Marketplace

The Dream Act

Immigrant Student Adjustment / DREAM Act

Immigration to the United States

United States Permanent Resident Card


us immigration legal resident status
california legal help adjust immigrant status
Subject: Re: immigration Registration
From: alanna-ga on 29 Apr 2006 14:58 PDT
I don't think your friend would qualify as a legal resident without
proper papers.  See:
Recently immigrants have been demonstrating throughout the country to
get immigration laws changed to make it easier for illegal immigrants
to stay and work legallly in the US.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy