Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Cuban U.S. Resident would like to travel ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Cuban U.S. Resident would like to travel
Category: Sports and Recreation > Travel
Asked by: loununez-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 15 May 2006 10:47 PDT
Expires: 14 Jun 2006 10:47 PDT
Question ID: 729038
My father came with his parents to Miami in 1961 when he was a year
old.  He's been a permanent resident ever since.  We're thinking of
taking a family trip to Europe but he doesn't have a US Passport or
Cuban Passport.  He plans on applying for his citizenship eventually
but we're hoping there's a quicker solution for the vacation.  Can he
get a Cuban passport from a consulate (we live in New York)?  Will his
Cuban passport be accepted in the EU?  Will it be difficult for him to
come back home?  Thanks.

Request for Question Clarification by scriptor-ga on 15 May 2006 12:03 PDT
Dear loununez,

This is not yet an answer, only a request for clarification that may
help me finding an answer.

Cuban consulates indeed issue passports to Cuban nationals living
abroad. However, to get a Cuban passport for the first time, it will
be necessary to present the certificate of birth. Does your father
still have his certificate?

And: Has your father ever registered with a Cuban consulate as a Cuban
national permanently residing outside Cuba?

There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Cuban U.S. Resident would like to travel
From: daniel2d-ga on 15 May 2006 22:45 PDT
Cuban passport?  How about finding out how to get a US passport? 
Contact the US Passport Agency.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy