Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: new tax ID number for revocable trust ( No Answer,   0 Comments )
Subject: new tax ID number for revocable trust
Category: Business and Money > Accounting
Asked by: bkanter-ga
List Price: $25.00
Posted: 22 May 2006 09:54 PDT
Expires: 21 Jun 2006 09:54 PDT
Question ID: 731331
My father had a trust which distributed money to his children in trust
upon his death. He passed away last year in the middle of the year.
The trust was revocable so it was under his social security number.
For this recent tax return (2005) I filed my parents return (my mother
is still alive) as a joint return and said my father passed away. In
this way my parents picked up the income for all the beneficiaries. I
am told that the trust cannot continue under my father's SS # and I
have to get a new Tax ID #. Is this correct and do I then have to
issue K-1's to the beneficiaries. (I am the trustee of thses trusts).
or does each child's sub trust have to have a separate Tax ID #. Or
should we put each beneficiaries account under their own Tax ID #.
There is no answer at this time.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy