Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Pain in groin ( No Answer,   2 Comments )
Subject: Pain in groin
Category: Health > Men's Health
Asked by: fsu_dave-ga
List Price: $15.00
Posted: 22 May 2006 23:26 PDT
Expires: 21 Jun 2006 23:26 PDT
Question ID: 731562
About when I turned 13 I had surgery for a hernia in my groin.  They
told me I could have gotten it at birth because it was quite large. 
When I turned 18 and was getting ready for college, one doctor noted a
weakness in my right side of the groin.  Now I am 20, and I'm writing
because I feel a similar discomfort in my groin, right side.  It feels
like a dull pain, mild.  Also, I'm sorry to be graphic, but my
testicles seem to hang very low.  They've always done this, but I
never was told if the two were connected.  Do I have another hernia? 
If not, what could this pain be?  Just a cramp?

Clarification of Question by fsu_dave-ga on 22 May 2006 23:28 PDT
One other thing, I think it should be noted I lift heavy weights
fairly regularly, but have been doing so for years.

Request for Question Clarification by sublime1-ga on 23 May 2006 02:02 PDT

The next time you experience the discomfort, or even now, if you
like, stand with your knees bent, bend over, make a fist with your
left hand, such that the thumb is on the outside, with the top of
the thumb at the knuckle of the index finger. Grasp that fist with
the right hand, so that the fingers are outside of the knuckles, 
and the thumb is parallel to that of the other hand. Now place 
the two-handed fist between your knees, and squeeze your knees
together, hard. You may feel or hear a slight pop or crackle at
the top inside of your thigh, on both sides, or either side.

This release may or may not provide some immediate relief for
the discomfort you describe.

Let me know...


Clarification of Question by fsu_dave-ga on 14 Jun 2006 17:47 PDT
Well I felt the pain recently but it was much milder.  I tried the
procedure you told me and I didnt feel any popping or crackling, nor
did it really help.  Sorry, I hope I'm not being too broad... I think
I should just see a doctor.
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Pain in groin
From: jshaw-ga on 24 May 2006 19:58 PDT
Go see a doctor, preferably when you're experiencing the discomfort. 
If you have a hernia, it's better to get it repaired electively than
to need emergency surgery if/when it gets strangulated (the blood
supply gets cut off to the intestine).
Subject: Re: Pain in groin
From: sublime1-ga on 15 Jun 2006 19:53 PDT
I agree. It certainly can't hurt to see a doctor.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy