I am writing a white paper on the magazine publishing industry, and I
need some statistics for it.
Please ensure your data sources are subject-matter experts,
individuals or corporations, who are scientifically inclined and
unbiased. Answers quoting statistics from industry organizations such
as magazine.org, or similar institutions will not be accepted, as will
be answers coming from folks who are not recognized as experts.
Statistics from research organizations such as Forrester etc. *MAY* be
accepted only if it can be concluded that other such research
organizations provided similar statistics independent of each other.
I have to quote these numbers, so the above matters, immensely.
1) How many magazines does an average reader subscribe to?
2) For readers who subscribe to more than one magazine, what is the
genre mix. E.g. do people subscribe to magazines focusing on the same
topics e.g sports, or are topics completely different without any
3) What is the typical readership time spent by a reader on a magazine
article (print and online) and a blog - for "similar" content of
4) What are the typical page views or lifetime of a blog and magazine
article before it dies down?
5) What is the typical conversion rate for ads in a magazine (print
and online articles) and a blog?
If you have any questions or need further clarification, just let me know.