Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Paying Australian or Hong Kong tax ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Paying Australian or Hong Kong tax
Category: Business and Money > Accounting
Asked by: saatuko-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 25 Jun 2006 06:45 PDT
Expires: 25 Jul 2006 06:45 PDT
Question ID: 740919
I have a joint owned house in Cairns Australia, I am currently living
in Hong Kong. The other joint owner who lives in Australia is
refinancing the house to pay me out. The refinancing is possible due
to the house rising in value. My question is, can I receive this money
into my Hong Kong bank account without paying tax in Australia or Hong
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Paying Australian or Hong Kong tax
From: aussietpp-ga on 25 Jun 2006 10:02 PDT
The web site for The Australian Tax Office is:

They don't seem to have an email address for enquiries only the standard:
GPO Box 9990, in the capital city of your state/territory.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy