Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Bad Boys ( Answered 2 out of 5 stars,   2 Comments )
Subject: Bad Boys
Category: Reference, Education and News > Current Events
Asked by: gollum9701-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 01 Jul 2006 05:06 PDT
Expires: 31 Jul 2006 05:06 PDT
Question ID: 742568
Is there a web site(s) I can go to for negative information on a
particular person (e.g., arrests, convictions, violation of other
norms that would generally be considered negative information).

This would not be for celebrities.
Subject: Re: Bad Boys
Answered By: kriswrite-ga on 01 Jul 2006 08:45 PDT
Rated:2 out of 5 stars
Hello gollum~

There are several ways to look up a person's criminal record, if they
have one. However, there is no single national source that people
outside law enforcement may use.

A good place to start is the Federal Bureau of Prisons ( ) The website maintains a database of men and
women who've served time in Federal prison, from 1982 forward. To
search records before 1982, the website also has instructions and
forms for filing a Freedom of Information Act request.

You can also search the National Sex Offender Public Registry at , or use ( ).

To see if someone is on parole, check out the Adult Probation and
Parole Directory:

These are perhaps the easiest available records to use. Please also
check out The Virtual Chase website ( ), which
provides additional information about searching criminal records,
including links to state criminal records and some international
databases. Be sure to read "Not All Criminal Records Are Created

Finally, there are some websites that offer national criminal
background checks for a fee. These include:

* Public Record Search:
* Intelius:
* Net Detective:

Please note that these websites use public records, and public records
aren't 100% complete.

Kind regards,

find criminal record
gollum9701-ga rated this answer:2 out of 5 stars
The answer focused on convicted criminals with emphasis on sexual
offenders. Perhaps that is the only information available in which
case the Researcher did the best possible.

I thought that there are many "bad boys" out there the names of which
might be on the Internet. They might include those arrested, fired,
reprimanded, etc. Essentially a person who you would not to hire to a
position of trust.

Subject: Re: Bad Boys
From: myoarin-ga on 04 Jul 2006 03:14 PDT

I disagree with your rating comment.  Sexual offenders are the only
specific offense mentioned relative to the links posted in Kriswrite's
answer.  The other sites are of general nature.
Furthermore, including "those arrested, fired, reprimanded" goes
beyond the scope of what websites could include.  Maybe most people
are arrested justifiably, but arrest, per se, is not grounds for
labeling someone a "bad boy"; nor are being fired or reprimanded,
purely civil matters.  That is what employers' references are for.
"Violations of other norms", in the original question, is a very
subjective definition.  Just an example:  marrying a person of a
different religion, color or nationality could violate some peoples'

Regards, Myoarin
Subject: Re: Bad Boys
From: kriswrite-ga on 04 Jul 2006 10:31 PDT
Hi gollym~

Since you specifically asked for "arrests, convictions, violation of other
norms," it seemed you wanted criminal information. I provided not only
links for sexual offenders, but all other sorts of criminals.

In the future, if you feel a Researcher has misunderstood you, it's
best to post a clarification, which allows the Researcher to attempt
to find the information you desire.


Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy