Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: School Violation of Parental Rights ( No Answer,   3 Comments )
Subject: School Violation of Parental Rights
Category: Family and Home > Parenting
Asked by: lighthouselane-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 03 Jul 2006 13:04 PDT
Expires: 02 Aug 2006 13:04 PDT
Question ID: 743051
My ex-wife and I have 50/50 legal custody.  In the court order it
states that all medical and educational decisions have to be made by
both parents.  In November 2005, my son's teacher cut off all
communication with me since I did not think that he had ADHD.  She
conversed with the mother who was willing to do whatever the school
requested without researching or discussing with me.  I just found out
that the school teacher and my ex-wife filled out paperwork in Nov,
had my son tested for ADHD and placed on Concerta.  All of this was
against our divorce decree as well as the school purposely removing me
from the conversations since they did not feel that I was as
perceptive to placing my son on drugs without further researching
other alternatives. I later received a letter the end of January that
she had previously given to my ex-wife recommending and suggestings
that my son be placed on adhd meds, even a low dose would be

What recourse do we have against the school district and the teacher
for denying my parental rights as well as violating Bill SF2277 for
recommending and suggesting that my son be placed on psychiatric
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: School Violation of Parental Rights
From: myoarin-ga on 04 Jul 2006 02:26 PDT
Just a free comment.
I think the research necessary to provide a good answer to your
important question will take more time than the $1.50 that a
Researcher would receive for a $2.00 question.

Check the FAQs and "Answers Help & Tips" about pricing (which can be
adjusted on and existing question).

I hope you do get an answer.
Subject: Re: School Violation of Parental Rights
From: jb_reefer-ga on 16 Jul 2006 18:19 PDT
You have the right to sue for full custody, and to sue the school
under the provisions of the bill (i couldn't find the text online,
only the amendments)
Subject: Re: School Violation of Parental Rights
From: handydaddy-ga on 26 Jul 2006 07:26 PDT
If your wife, school and a doctor thinks your child has AHDH, couldn't
that mean that you might be wrong on this issue?

There is nothing wrong about your child having AHDH, however ignoring
it is wrong. Are you against your wife or your child? Is this a
religious issue?

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy