Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Distribute capital loss over few years ( No Answer,   0 Comments )
Subject: Distribute capital loss over few years
Category: Business and Money > Accounting
Asked by: dnt-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 03 Jul 2006 20:22 PDT
Expires: 02 Aug 2006 20:22 PDT
Question ID: 743146
I made a wrong real estate investment and loss close 100k. I don't want
deduct all the in one year. Can I distribute my capital loss over few

I'm an independent consultant and my income about is $120k. Now, you
see why I don't to deduct all my loss this year. I prefer to deduct
$40-$50k this year only and the rest in few years. Is this possible? Or do
you have any
recommend for me on this issue for income tax purpose?


Request for Question Clarification by pafalafa-ga on 03 Jul 2006 20:29 PDT
The amount of net capital gains (or losses) that can be taken as a
deduction in any given year is quite limited...I think it's only
$3,000 per year for personal income taxes, with the rest carrying

Am I misconstruing your situation?

There is no answer at this time.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy