Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Hiring Employee from India ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Hiring Employee from India
Category: Business and Money > Employment
Asked by: moviemogul-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 10 Jul 2006 22:49 PDT
Expires: 09 Aug 2006 22:49 PDT
Question ID: 745191
Can I advertise in India for a nanny/cook/personal assistant to work
for me as a live-in in my home in the US and when I travel
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Hiring Employee from India
From: myoarin-ga on 12 Jul 2006 04:45 PDT
Sure, you can advertise, but the question is whether you can legally
employ her in this capacity, which may depend on how long the contract
should run.
It may be quite easy to have someone come for a year as an "au pair",
but quite difficult to employ someone requiring a different type of

Perhaps you can explain a bit more.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy