Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Groin Pain / scrotum pain / discomfort need help ( Answered,   3 Comments )
Subject: Groin Pain / scrotum pain / discomfort need help
Category: Health > Men's Health
Asked by: bobo2000-ga
List Price: $50.00
Posted: 27 Jul 2006 05:58 PDT
Expires: 26 Aug 2006 05:58 PDT
Question ID: 750043
For over a year now I had strange discomfort in my groin and scrotum
area ( left side ) beneath my skin .
It is a weird feeling hard to describe it?s not like pain , but just something 
That almost constantly reminds you that something is there and out of
norm. I would probably have to call it an itch , or slight burning
sensation, or inflammation of some sort along my left groin / scrotum
area .
I had my testicles scanned also a CAT scan of my stomach and
surrounding areas all with
No answers . My doctors said it could be a tear of a muscle ( I
disagree ) another one said it could be start of a hernia ( I disagree
also I do not do physical labor ) When this started I was very
sexually active so I had STD tests done ( all negative ) I was on
antibiotics on 3 different occasions , just in case.
Cipro x 3 weeks , Doxycycline X 1week , Doxycycline x 3 weeks they
were taken about
3-4 weeks apart from each other . This discomfort is pretty constant .
And I am exhausted and fed up with it . Every time I go to a doctor
it?s a dead end street .

I do realize that you are not supposed to give medical advices over the internet
What I am asking for is list of possibilities based on my symptoms .
That way I can go to my doctor and ask him about each and every one of them.

Also if you can referm me to a doctor who possibly might be a
specailist in this filed ( I live near Chicago IL )

Somebody Please help ,thank you .
Subject: Re: Groin Pain / scrotum pain / discomfort need help
Answered By: boquinha-ga on 27 Jul 2006 21:39 PDT
Hello bobo2000-ga!

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having. It can be
frustrating to have a problem that isn?t being solved. I?ve compiled
some information that you should find useful. This answer is not
intended to substitute for the opinion of a qualified health
professional that you trust. If you have any specific concerns or
questions you should discuss them with him or her. Here is the
information that I?ve found!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Here is a list of some conditions that can cause groin pain. 

* Groin injury (muscle tear, etc.)
* Hip injury 
* Hernia
* Inguinal hernia
* Swollen groin lymph nodes
* Spinal disc disease 
* Referred pain
* Kidney stone
* Referred testicular pain
* Referred scrotum pain 
* Renal stones
* Testosterone

Here is another list of possible causes of groin pain. You can find a
complete article at WebMD.

* Kidney stone passing through a ureter
* Urinary tract infection
* Infections (may cause lump, bumps, and swelling in the groin area) 
* Spasm, infection, inflammation, or decreased blood flow (ischemia)
in the large intestine.
* Male genital problems (like a skin infection of the scrotum or a
prostate infection?prostatitis)
* Arthritis
* Back problems

Groin swelling is another cause of groin pain. Here is a list of
possible conditions causing swelling.

* Swollen groin lymph (viral infection, hernia, drug reaction, some cancers) 
* Local infection of groin area 
* Femoral artery aneurysm
* Femoral hernia
* Hydrocoele of testis
* Inguinal hernia 
* Lipoma of spermatic cord
* Mycobacterium tuberculosis
* Obturator hernia
* Varicose veins

As testicular pain is a common cause of referred groin pain, here is a
list of conditions causing testicular pain.

* Testicle injury 
* Excessive bicycle riding 
* Epididymitis
* Orchitis
* Testicle cancer
* Mumps
* Mumps orchitis 
* Varicocele
* Varicose spermatic cord veins 
* Hernia
* Scrotal hernia 
* Inguinal hernia
* Kidney stone
* Pinched back nerve 
* Urinary stone
* Kidney stones
* Pancreatitis

Here is an article from the National Library of Medicine/National
Institute of Health website that lists information about groin pain,
including common causes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


The inguinal area is the technical term for the ?groin? area. Many
times swollen lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy) can cause swelling in this
area. Here are some things that can cause swollen lymph nodes in the

* Leg or foot infection
* Herpes
* Gonorrhea
* Syphilis
* Chancroid
* Granuloma Inguinale
* Lymphoma

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


You mentioned possible ?inflammation? in your groin/testicle area.
Here is a list of possible causes of swollen testicles.

* Testicle injury 
* Orchitis
* Epididymitis
* Scrotal infection 
* Varicocele
* Hydrocele
* Bowel loop hernia 
* Scrotal cyst 
* Testicle cancer
* Scrotal skin condition 
* Phlebitis 
* Hernia
* Filariasis

Here is another list of problems that can cause swollen testicles.
There are some repeat items on this list.

* Hydrocele
* Varicocele
* Spermatocele
* Varicocele
* Testicular cancer
* Generalized edema

?A swollen testicle should be medically examined as soon as possible.
Painless swelling may be due to a hydrocoele, epididymal cyst,
spermatocoele, or varicocoele. These are all explained below. A
testicular tumour must also be ruled out.

Painful swelling of the scrotum may be caused by testicular torsion,
injury and bleeding. When accompanied by a fever, swelling is usually
due to infection of the testis (orchitis) or of the testis and
epididymis (epididymo-orchitis). Only rarely is a painful swelling due
to a tumour, but this important diagnosis must not be missed.?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


For issues regarding the groin area, especially what you?ve described,
a Urologist may be the most appropriate specialist to see. You may
also consider seeing a General Surgeon should this turn out to be a
hernia or the like. Here is a list of some of the physicians you can
contact in the Chicago area.

= = = = = = = = = =


Affiliated Urologists Ltd

Shahid Ekbal MD
Charles F Mckiel MD
Elizabeth Raleigh

1725 W Harrison St # 762, Chicago, IL

+ + + + + + + +

Associated Urologists

Daniel S Merrick MD
Alan M Rogin MD
Lee Burkson

9669 Kenton Ave # 309, Skokie, IL

+ + + + + + + + 

Northwest Suburban Urologists

Ronald D Lee MD
Narendra Narepalem MD
Donald M Norris MD
Jeffrey P Norris MD
Gary Sellergren

1875 Dempster St # 365, Park Ridge, IL

= = = = = = = = = =


Associates In General Surgery

Jerry Axium MD
Angela R Frank MD

2800 N Sheridan Rd # 600, Chicago, IL

+ + + + + + + +

Vascular & General Surgical

Connie Harris
Milan Jordan MD
Charles Tattersall MD
Peter Wong MD

3231 Euclid Ave # 400, Berwyn, IL

+ + + + + + + +

Northwest General Surgeons

Virginia Gora
Richard N Olen MD

7447 W Talcott Ave # 427, Chicago, IL

+ + + + + + + +

Suburban General Surgery Ltd

Gerald Klompien MD

4700 W 95th St # 308, Oak Lawn, IL

+ + + + + + + +

Consultants In General Surgery

Barbara Loris MD
Lisa Uglinica
Stephen P Haggerty MD
Earl M Norman MD

750 Homewood Ave # 320, Highland Park, IL

+ + + + + + + +

Associated General Surgeons

Jennifer Kirk MD
Peggy Wilken
David O Woodard MD

511 Thornhill Dr, Carol Stream, IL

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I hope that you find this information useful! Again, be sure to
discuss any specific concerns and questions that you may have with a
qualified health professional that you trust. If you have any need of
further clarification, please let me know how I can help.


Search terms:

Groin pain causes
Inguinal lymphadenopathy
Swollen testicle
Physician list Chicago
Subject: Re: Groin Pain / scrotum pain / discomfort need help
From: parrys-ga on 01 Aug 2006 11:02 PDT
Try a homeopathy remedy "Clematis Erecta" This should help you in
alleviating your pain. This remedy is specifically for scrotal pains
Subject: Re: Groin Pain / scrotum pain / discomfort need help
From: parrys-ga on 01 Aug 2006 11:03 PDT
Sorry. Forgot to mention the potency "30 C"
Subject: Re: Groin Pain / scrotum pain / discomfort need help
From: willgrid-ga on 10 Oct 2006 23:24 PDT
I have the exact same problem as you.  Mine is on my right side, above
the groin, but the discomfort (and i think thats the best word for it)
extends down into my right testicle much of the time.  It seems like
whenever i focus on it, it bugs me more, and when I am doing something
that takes my mind off it, i don't notice it at all.  I have been to
several doctors, but with little success.

However, recently i saw a young uruologist who told me that what we
have is a 'sports hernia,' a rare injury that was only recently
discovered and is very difficult to fix.  There are only a few doctors
in the country who specialize in this (many of my doctors has no idea
what a sports hernia was, and when they researched it, they were
amazed - my young doctor said they just began teaching about it in
medical school), so it is difficult to find someone who is good.

All you have to do is google 'sports hernia' and you will find tons of
information.  Here's one i randonly picked out:

I only discovered this very recently, so i am working hard to find a
way to fix it - i agree, it is an incredibly neusence!  While we can
still live everyday normal lives, its just always 'there.'

Please research this, and if you figure out anything note worth, send
me an email.  I never check my google email, so i would appreciate it
if you would contact me at

Best of luck, and i hope we can solve out problem...

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy