Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Children's services NYC 1968 ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Children's services NYC 1968
Category: Relationships and Society
Asked by: writer2007-ga
List Price: $15.00
Posted: 28 Jul 2006 07:34 PDT
Expires: 27 Aug 2006 07:34 PDT
Question ID: 750385
Where(group homes? foster home? orphanges?)and by what New York City agency,
would children be placed if they were suddenly orphaned due to family
violence in 1968?

Clarification of Question by writer2007-ga on 28 Jul 2006 07:58 PDT
Question should read 1978, not 1968.
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Children's services NYC 1968
From: xuxan-ga on 02 Sep 2006 12:42 PDT
If the removal was sudden it would be handled by the Office of
Children and Family Services.

NYC  Administration for Children's Services
150 William Street 18th Floor,
New York, NY 10038
Phone: 1-877-KIDSNYC (543-7692)
Outside NYC: 212-341-0900
(They haven't moved - except the floor they are on - in the 25 years I
have been aware of them.)

There were at that time thousands of fosters care homes for children.
All foster care homes in NYC were at that time involved with a local
adoption agency as the city of New York did not themselves have any. A
child and their description would be placed on a database and any
registered foster care home agency could decide they would be willing
to take responsibility for the child and receive  compensation from
the city of NY.  Children who were not "bid for" would become boarder
children at Metropolitan Hospital.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy