Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: vehicle licencing authorithies. ( No Answer,   2 Comments )
Subject: vehicle licencing authorithies.
Category: Relationships and Society > Relationships
Asked by: mongolia-ga
List Price: $25.00
Posted: 29 Jul 2006 15:08 PDT
Expires: 28 Aug 2006 15:08 PDT
Question ID: 750706
Hi All out there 

I would like to ask some simple questions regarding the following Vehicle
licensing authories

- England, Scotland , Wales DVLA
- Republic of Ireland
- Northern Ireland
- Austria
- Belgium
- Quebec
- Ontario
- New York State
- Texas 

  - First question All the top areas have 1 and only 1 vehicle licencing 
    authority. Is this correct?

  - Second Question This question refers to a bog standard FULL
driver's licence (not interested in learning licences or licences for
larger vehicles)

   Please state for  combination of the above authorithies if one can
exchange driving licences (This sholuld be a total of 36 combinations)

Also clarify if the exchange can happen in only one direction (e.g. New York
would exchange a Texas licence but not vice versa)

May the force be with you 


Clarification of Question by mongolia-ga on 06 Aug 2006 18:19 PDT
Any further thoughts on this?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: vehicle licencing authorithies.
From: nelson-ga on 30 Jul 2006 10:04 PDT
New York State Department of Motor Vehicles:
Texas Dept.of Public Safety:

All U.S. states accept licenses from other U.S. states (under the
"full faith and credit" article of constitution).
Subject: Re: vehicle licencing authorithies.
From: myoarin-ga on 30 Jul 2006 14:12 PDT
Hi Nelson,
It is immaterial to this question, but in California, only the driving
test is waived if you have a license from another state.  You must
still take the eye test and written examination.

Since I couldn't find a site that expressed this clearly, it probably
won't be of much use to you, but I understand that in Austria vehicle
registration is handled by the individual states (8 "Lšnder" and

Cheers, Myoarin

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy