Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Obtaining social security forms ( Answered 2 out of 5 stars,   8 Comments )
Subject: Obtaining social security forms
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: vaac-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 01 Aug 2006 14:14 PDT
Expires: 31 Aug 2006 14:14 PDT
Question ID: 751593
I misplaced the social security form SSA1099 SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFIT
STATEMENTS for myself and for my wife, for this year as well as for
last year. Does anybady know how to obtain replacements? I tried to
call them but my hearing loss prevents me from understanding what they
are saying. Can this be done by email?
Subject: Re: Obtaining social security forms
Answered By: umiat-ga on 01 Aug 2006 15:23 PDT
Rated:2 out of 5 stars
Hi, vaac-ga! 

 You can order a replacement form SSA1099 SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFIT
STATEMENTS for this year entirely online. For prior years, you will
need to contact the SSA by mail if you cannot use the phone.

 Go to the following link and it will be self-explanatory!

 "Request an SSA-1099/1042S for Tax Information."


On the same link as above, see the section:

What You Should Know:

"If you need a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for an earlier tax
year, contact us."

Here is the page with the mailing address

 Please include your Social Security number or claim number whenever
you write to us.

 If you still need additional help, you may write to the Office of
Public Inquiries:

 Social Security Administration
 Office of Public Inquiries
 Windsor Park Building
 6401 Security Blvd.
 Baltimore, MD 21235


 I hope this helps!



Search Strategy

vaac-ga rated this answer:2 out of 5 stars

Subject: Re: Obtaining social security forms
From: pinkfreud-ga on 07 Aug 2006 14:26 PDT
This looks to me like an excellent and informative answer. I don't
understand the low rating.
Subject: Re: Obtaining social security forms
From: vaac-ga on 07 Aug 2006 19:48 PDT
It is not the answer which is poor, the answer is good. What is poor
is the lack of efficiency with wich social security services the
inquiring public. Such service is suitable for a third rate country
run by savages, not for the United States.
Subject: Re: Obtaining social security forms
From: pinkfreud-ga on 07 Aug 2006 20:01 PDT
So you are penalizing a Google Answers Researcher because you are
dissatisfied with the Social Security Administration? Was it your
expectation that the Researcher would be able to change the system in
your behalf?
Subject: Re: Obtaining social security forms
From: crabcakes-ga on 08 Aug 2006 19:44 PDT
Wow, punishing the Google researcher for something over which she has
no control. That's a new one one me.  :-(   Two stars is really
Subject: Re: Obtaining social security forms
From: mother911-ga on 08 Aug 2006 22:35 PDT
I certainly hope Social Security doesn't base it's assistance on your
treatment of the people who assisted you in your time of need. A two
star rating on a two dollar question which was perfectly answered is
insulting to the researcher who most likely wound up working for 20
cents an hour to help you.

Best of luck with Social Security.
{-- Mother911-ga --]
Subject: Re: Obtaining social security forms
From: cynthia-ga on 09 Aug 2006 13:05 PDT
It happened to me too! --After being invited to post my comment as an answer:

Subject: Mice; - how to get rid of

What I find interesting is the fact that vaac-ga LOST his Social
Security Benefit Statements, had a difficult time hearing SS on the
phone, and chose to ask how to get them here in text, received an
excellent ACCURATE answer in 1 hour and 9 minutes as to how vaac-ga
could get the replacements WITHOUT USING THE PHONE.



"Life is rarely as we would like it to be rather it is exactly as it is." 

Note to self:  < censored >
Subject: Re: Obtaining social security forms
From: vaac-ga on 12 Aug 2006 21:31 PDT
I wish to apologize for the low rating of this excellent answer
Subject: Re: Obtaining social security forms
From: umiat-ga on 13 Aug 2006 17:57 PDT
Apology accepted! Thank you, vaac-ga.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy