Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: "S" Corporations............... ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: "S" Corporations...............
Category: Business and Money > Small Businesses
Asked by: scdi-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 06 Aug 2006 17:40 PDT
Expires: 05 Sep 2006 17:40 PDT
Question ID: 753236
In an "S" Corporation how often can the owner take an "Owner's Draw" ?
In an "S" Corporation how do "Dividends" work and how are they paid  ?
Subject: Re: "S" Corporations...............
Answered By: tisme-ga on 06 Aug 2006 21:28 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hello scdi-ga,

There is no limit to how often the owner can take an owner's draw.
There are different taxation levels based on how much is taken out
(the higher the amount taken out, the higher the personal taxation
level). A chart with the different taxation levels is available here:

With regards to your second question, this quote explains how
dividends work and are taxed in an S Corporation: "Let's consider the
S-corporation case. The S-corporation earns $1,000 but is not taxed as
a separate entity. From a tax standpoint, the earnings are assumed to
flow to you. You owe personal income tax on them. So, since you are in
the 30% tax bracket, you pay $300 in tax. This is unaffected by
whether or not the remaining $700 stays within the corporation or is
paid out to you."

In addition to the above, it is important to note that in an S
corporation, "shareholders must receive dividends according to the
number of shares that they own, regardless of the amount of effort put
into the business."

All the best,


Search Strategy: 

"s corporation" "owner's draw"
"s corporation" "dividends"
"s corporation" "owner's draw" limit
"s corporation" "owner's draw" limits
"s corporation"
scdi-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars and gave an additional tip of: $2.00
very helpfull.thankyou

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy