Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: what can I do to Report an illegal act in Canada? ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: what can I do to Report an illegal act in Canada?
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: actright-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 10 Aug 2006 19:26 PDT
Expires: 09 Sep 2006 19:26 PDT
Question ID: 754861
I know somone who owns a business and also help others to immigrate to
Canada. However, i noticed he gets paid from those immigrants and
gives back their money by giving them his company paycheque so that
under the government of Canada, they are "legally" working in Canada.
Do you know what i mean? but in reality, they are not "really"

He's doing this to so many immigrants and I think it is time for him
to stop pretending he's doing so much 'favour' to those immigrants.
Subject: Re: what can I do to Report an illegal act in Canada?
Answered By: tisme-ga on 10 Aug 2006 20:25 PDT
Hello actright-ga,

After some more research, I have three avenues for you to pursue:

Avenue #1: Contact your local RCMP Detachment. You can locate your
local RCMP detachment on this web page:

Avenue #2: Contact Crime Stoppers. The national line for Canada is
1-800-222-8477. This line should automatically transfer to your local
crimestoppers. The website can be found at You may be eligible for a reward as well
if this interests you. Note that they will take your information to
the police for you, and it might be possible to stay anonymous using
this route (ask them for more information about this).

Avenue #3: Contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Their direct
number is 1 888 242-2100 and their website is available at: They will probably be
able to tell you if there are any legal problems with the arrangement.
Note that they would probably get the RCMP involved as well.

Please let me know if you require any clarification and I will do my
best to further assist you.

All the best,


Search Strategy: 

canada immigration
crimestoppers canada
rcmp contact
There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy