Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: GNU, CC, etc.. Which license to use for my website?? ( No Answer,   0 Comments )
Subject: GNU, CC, etc.. Which license to use for my website??
Category: Reference, Education and News
Asked by: richardmtl-ga
List Price: $3.00
Posted: 14 Aug 2006 11:00 PDT
Expires: 13 Sep 2006 11:00 PDT
Question ID: 755888
Hi all,

I am really confused by all the copyright/copyleft, GNU, CC, etc
terminology. Maybe someone can help me pick the right terms for my
website? Here?s what I would like:

For text: A license that covers all the text of my website, that says
that people can use it and copy it anywhere, as long as it?s not for
commercial use (but they can ask for my permission if it will be for
commercial use), and that it would be nice (though not mandatory) to
have my site mentioned or linked to as the original source.

For the images/photos: Same deal, but with a mention that some images
are not mine and that they will be under a different license that will
be specified, whenever the need arises.

Can someone give me a simple comparison or pros and cons of relevant
licenses that I may pick from, as well as a reccommendation as to
which would best fit my needs? Thank you!
There is no answer at this time.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy