Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Quick Claim Deed - Michigan ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Quick Claim Deed - Michigan
Category: Relationships and Society > Law
Asked by: nerds-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 21 Aug 2006 15:54 PDT
Expires: 28 Aug 2006 16:49 PDT
Question ID: 758208
My parents own there own home, it is paid for. The deed has my mother
& father's name on it, and was set up that if either one of them died
the other would get the  house and property. In July, my father passed
away and my mother wants to give me the house, but she wants to have
me listed on the deed along with her. If she passes away then it
automatically transfers to me. But, my questions is a Quick Claim
Deed, Transfers all rights now to the propery, how do i set it up so
that it will transfer only when she passes away. She still can live
there while she is alive. Please advise.

Request for Question Clarification by cynthia-ga on 21 Aug 2006 16:03 PDT
If you've been searching yourself, you might have better results if
the sprlling was correct.

Click below:

"Quit Claim"

A definition and examples of use:

Does this help?


Request for Question Clarification by cynthia-ga on 21 Aug 2006 16:05 PDT
LOL!! --of ALL the words to have typo'd!

sprlling = spelling!

At least the R & E are next to each other on the keyboard.. That's my
excuse and I'm stickin' to it!

Clarification of Question by nerds-ga on 21 Aug 2006 16:11 PDT
Sorry about the spelling in my request, i have searched the internet,
but not able to get the correct answer.  A quit claim deed transfer's
full ownership over, I only want to have the property transfered to me
when she passes away.

Unless i am not understanding the quit claim correctly, i thought that
it will transfer her whole interest in the property to me when she
signs the quit claim.

Request for Question Clarification by tutuzdad-ga on 21 Aug 2006 16:14 PDT
It seems your best best is to have an attroney help you arrange for a
Non-Probate Transfer on Death. This appears to be a legally binding
solution in the state of Michigan and serves similarly to an
irrevocable trust.

Please let me know if this answers your question.


Request for Question Clarification by tutuzdad-ga on 21 Aug 2006 16:14 PDT
--speaking of typos, apparently its contagious today....LOL
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Quick Claim Deed - Michigan
From: myoarin-ga on 21 Aug 2006 16:35 PDT
Here is a Missouri court case that is about a quit claim deed for half ownership.
As far as I can see, this fact was not the point of the case, i.e., in
Missouri it is possible to quit claim partial ownership in property.
Why not?

Where is Thomas Weiss?  He's a Michigan attorney.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy