Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Removing and adding a name to a residential property deed in Florida. ( No Answer,   0 Comments )
Subject: Removing and adding a name to a residential property deed in Florida.
Category: Family and Home > Home
Asked by: mrtech-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 24 Aug 2006 07:51 PDT
Expires: 23 Sep 2006 07:51 PDT
Question ID: 759080
I own a residential property in Duval county, Florida.
The deed is in my name and my former wife's name who is now deceased. 
My question: Exactly what would the procedure be to remove my former
wife's name from the deed and replace it with my current wife's name,
without the aid of an attorney?
My former wife and I divorced in 1999 and the divorce settlement
conveyed ownership of the residence/property to me, although she did
not sign a quit-claim deed for it. She died several months later and I
subsequently remarried.
I understand that I can complete a quit-claim deed to accomplish this,
but I am not sure how to do this. And to whom do I file the completed
quit-claim deed with?
Thank you
There is no answer at this time.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy