Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Old Criminal Records ( Answered 4 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: Old Criminal Records
Category: Relationships and Society > Law
Asked by: nyma-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 25 Aug 2006 10:43 PDT
Expires: 24 Sep 2006 10:43 PDT
Question ID: 759479
How could I find a record or information about a criminal record for
someone in NY between 1910 - 1950?

Request for Question Clarification by scriptor-ga on 25 Aug 2006 10:55 PDT
Do you mean New York State or New York City?


Clarification of Question by nyma-ga on 25 Aug 2006 16:48 PDT
New York City would be fine - thanks!
Subject: Re: Old Criminal Records
Answered By: scriptor-ga on 25 Aug 2006 18:26 PDT
Rated:4 out of 5 stars
Dear nyma,

There are two ways to obtain a historical New York City criminal
record, provided that the documents are still existing.

The majority of surviving pre-1966 criminal records (mainly
represented by court documents) is kept by the New York City Municipal

New York City Department of Records & Information Services
31 Chambers Street, Room 103
New York, NY, 10007
Phone: 212-788-8585
Fax: 212-788-8583

The Criminal Court of New York City also keeps a number of historical
criminal records, although most files have been transferred to the
Municipal Archives:

Records Room of the Criminal Court of New York City
150 William Street
New York, NY 10038
Phone: 212-374-3187

I hope that this will be helpful!
Best regards,
nyma-ga rated this answer:4 out of 5 stars

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy