Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Walther P99 ( Answered,   1 Comment )
Subject: Walther P99
Category: Sports and Recreation
Asked by: skipw719-ga
List Price: $3.50
Posted: 29 Aug 2006 06:32 PDT
Expires: 28 Sep 2006 06:32 PDT
Question ID: 760448
I have a Walther P99 .40 calibre pistol.  Is a conversion kit made to
turn it into a 9mm?  I know they make the P99 in a 9mm, but I want to
just buy the barrel and conversion kit if it is made. Thanks!
Subject: Re: Walther P99
Answered By: gregaw-ga on 13 Sep 2006 14:20 PDT
I contacted Walther and found that they do not produce any such kit. 
But it looks like there is at least one company that does make the
barrel that you are looking for.

Here is someone who has done exactly what you are looking to do.  He
used a barrel from a company called "BAR-STO".
"You can convert your 40 to 9mm, even 357 Sig.
Bar-Sto makes the barrels. I have both 9mm and 357 Sig barrels."

Bar-Sto Website:

Here is the barrel for sale.  It is out of stock, but it says they are
accepting orders.

If you require any further information please let me know by posting a
request for clarification and I will be happy to help.

Subject: Re: Walther P99
From: stanmartin1952-ga on 29 Aug 2006 13:44 PDT
Is this it?:

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy