Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: (Pica): Ingestion of cotton ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: (Pica): Ingestion of cotton
Category: Health > Conditions and Diseases
Asked by: core-ga
List Price: $2.50
Posted: 30 Aug 2006 15:39 PDT
Expires: 04 Sep 2006 00:44 PDT
Question ID: 760931
Aside from the risk of choking (which is obvious), is it dangerous for
a human being (child or adult) to ingest cotton?  I'm talking in
quantities similar
to seven or eight standard "cotton balls" at a time, possibly over a
number of days.  Could this clog or injure the intestines, or would
the body most likely eliminate it without problems?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: (Pica): Ingestion of cotton
From: stanmartin1952-ga on 30 Aug 2006 16:32 PDT
I think it would be a source of fibre. Supposedly, it is caused by a
lack of nutrients.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy