Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Camcorders ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: Camcorders
Category: Arts and Entertainment
Asked by: jay1942-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 02 Sep 2006 16:13 PDT
Expires: 02 Oct 2006 16:13 PDT
Question ID: 761727
Can Canon's new camcorder that can record on a double sided dvd do it
without turning over the dvd? And what is the model number?
Subject: Re: Camcorders
Answered By: denco-ga on 02 Sep 2006 18:38 PDT
Howdy jay1942-ga,

Canon's newest DVD camcorder, the DC22, uses 3" DVD-R/-RW dual layer discs,
and unlike the double sided discs used by the DC20, which the DC22 replaces,
they do not have to be turned over.

The following is from the DC22 "Features" page on the Canon website.

"Imagine capturing every moment of your child's school play or concert without
having to worry about changing the disc in the middle of the action. It's all
thanks to the DC22's Dual Layer Recording System, which uses 3" DVD-R/-RW dual
layer discs to record almost double the time (XP=36 mins / SP=54 mins /LP=108
mins). From curtain rise to curtain call, the DC22 puts extended recording
power right into the palm of your hand."

The DC22, just announced on August 1, 2006, can also use 3" DVD-R/-RW single
layer discs.  You can read more about it on this Canon web page.

If you need any clarification, please feel free to ask.

Search strategy:

Went to the Canon website and from there, their "New Product Zone."

Looking Forward, denco-ga - Google Answers Researcher
There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy