Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Legal Research re: Appellate Law ( No Answer,   0 Comments )
Subject: Legal Research re: Appellate Law
Category: Relationships and Society > Law
Asked by: cowuhbung-ga
List Price: $50.00
Posted: 13 Sep 2006 22:06 PDT
Expires: 18 Sep 2006 06:37 PDT
Question ID: 765161
I am working on an appeal of Final Judgment entered in my divorce
case. (Judge entered a  marital settlement "agreement" as Judgment
under Section 664.6, although said "agreement" was undated, unsigned,
and also never entered orally into the record.) Despite said
objections, the Judge entered the agreement (that I never, ever agreed
to), anyway.

Here is my quandary. While I am preparing an appeal, ex has submitted
the Final Judgment to financial institutions and they have been
releasing checks to both of us. I have not cashed any checks yet,
because I do not want to hurt my right to appeal. I have still not
received a clear answer from appellate attorneys as to whether it is
safe for me to cash any checks resulting from the very Final Judgment
that I am appealing.

Does anyway know of case law regarding possible consequences of one
accepting funds released via a Final Judgment that one is appealing?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Clarification of Question by cowuhbung-ga on 13 Sep 2006 22:16 PDT
This action is in California.

Clarification of Question by cowuhbung-ga on 14 Sep 2006 07:37 PDT
Typo alert. I meant, does "anyone" know of case law...
There is no answer at this time.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy