Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Anti-reflective Eyeglass solution ( Answered 4 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: Anti-reflective Eyeglass solution
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: jjburns84-ga
List Price: $7.00
Posted: 15 Sep 2006 15:46 PDT
Expires: 15 Oct 2006 15:46 PDT
Question ID: 765685
Can I get anti-reflective solution added to my glasses I already have?
 Is there an online service that can just add the solution?
Subject: Re: Anti-reflective Eyeglass solution
Answered By: crabcakes-ga on 15 Sep 2006 22:21 PDT
Rated:4 out of 5 stars

  According to this site, you may add AR (Anti-reflective) coatings to
your existing glasses.

"Like polarized lenses, anti-reflective coatings help reduce glare. 
However, unlike polarized lenses, anti-reflective coatings (AR) are
coatings that can be put on a lens after it has been made"

This site confirms it: ARC + Anti-reflective coating
"Can you apply a tint to an ARC-coated lens?
No. This will destroy the ARC. In order to change the tint, you need
to decoat the lens of the ARC, tint the lens to the desired color, and
then recoat with ARC."

The final word though, depends on your glasses lenses and their
condition, and whether they have other coatings that may need to be
removed first. The process of adding the coating IS possible, but
dependant on our glasses.

Hope this helpes!

Regards, Crabcakes

Search Terms
ARC + old lenses
applying anti-reflective coating + existing glasses
jjburns84-ga rated this answer:4 out of 5 stars
Pretty good... I'll try and see if I can get them to coat mine without
buying a new pair.  Thank you!

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy