Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Obtaining a Japanese Work Visa (unusual situation) ( No Answer,   2 Comments )
Subject: Obtaining a Japanese Work Visa (unusual situation)
Category: Business and Money > Employment
Asked by: ceecee000-ga
List Price: $35.00
Posted: 16 Sep 2006 14:14 PDT
Expires: 16 Oct 2006 14:14 PDT
Question ID: 765901
Hello there, I've recently come to the decision that the most
appealing and exciting goal for my life right now would be to move to
Japan and spend a few years there.  Absorb the culture, the language,
the people, and so on.  After a bit of research and a trip to the
nearest Japan General Consulate, I've concluced that my most effective
route to achieving this goal would be obtaining a work visa. 
However... I don't really want to WORK in Japan.  I have a steady,
high-paying job here in the US that I do entirely through the
internet.  I'd be able to continue this work in Japan, so I don't
really want to have to find a second job just to get over there (I
especially do not want to teach english).  Is there any sort of option
for me?  I'm not looking to break the law or anything here, I'm just
wondering if there's some kind of loophole or something that I could
use to get a job in name only so I can legally move there.

The other visa options don't seem like they'd work for me.. a student
visa would require getting accepted to a university and taking classes
(more time spent working!) and a general studies requires a specific
invitation from a licensed master to study arts such as ikebana, tea
ceremony, etc.
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Obtaining a Japanese Work Visa (unusual situation)
From: czh-ga on 16 Sep 2006 14:30 PDT
It doesn't look like you can qualify for a long-term Japanese visa.
Subject: Re: Obtaining a Japanese Work Visa (unusual situation)
From: triumfdoogooder-ga on 17 Sep 2006 13:28 PDT
You had previously asked this same question on other thread and a
detailed answer was given, I believe.
This page was posted by you:

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy