Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Change of status H1B to F1 ( No Answer,   0 Comments )
Subject: Change of status H1B to F1
Category: Relationships and Society > Law
Asked by: cuky-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 18 Sep 2006 19:12 PDT
Expires: 18 Oct 2006 19:12 PDT
Question ID: 766436
I'm currently under H1b visa status. I got accepted to a Phd program
and the only way to get the fellowship is to be under F1 visa status.
My questions are:
1) can I change from H1B to F1?
2) If my F1 is rejected, would I loose my H1B visa anyway?
3) my husband is also under H1B status and is thinking in applying to
a green card. Would I jeopardize his application if I change to F1?
4) Can I also receive a green card if my husband gets it, even if I'm
under F1 status?

Thanks a lot.
There is no answer at this time.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy