Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Gun Rack ( Answered 4 out of 5 stars,   4 Comments )
Subject: Gun Rack
Category: Sports and Recreation
Asked by: tony8312-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 26 Sep 2006 12:40 PDT
Expires: 26 Oct 2006 12:40 PDT
Question ID: 768612
I'm looking for the kind of gun rack that you just lean guns against,
there just one board in a patern like thi -u-u-u-u-u-u- where the
barrel of the gun would lean against the inside of u's... I can't find
them because the generic searches "gun racks", "gun racks" "guns lean
Subject: Re: Gun Rack
Answered By: kriswrite-ga on 26 Sep 2006 12:56 PDT
Rated:4 out of 5 stars
Hello tony8312~

This sort of gun rack goes by several names, including a "deputy" or
"sheriff" rack. Here are several examples, at various prices:

Stoney Creek:


Dixie Gunworks:

Spot Chalet:

Kind regards,

Google image search for gun rack:

Request for Answer Clarification by tony8312-ga on 26 Sep 2006 13:02 PDT
Those aren't precisely what I wanted.

What I'm looking for is made of just one board, but the board
resembles the top board of those racks. I want to attach these to the
wall and lean guns against.

What you showed me is all that I could find myself.

Clarification of Answer by kriswrite-ga on 26 Sep 2006 16:35 PDT
I'm sorry I misunderstood what you were looking for. Could this
"Gripper Caddy" be what you want?

Or how about this gun rest?

Or, even, this pistol rest?
(The first item under "accessories")

Let me know. If I'm still off base, I'll have my answer removed so
another Researcher can give it a go.

Kind regards,
tony8312-ga rated this answer:4 out of 5 stars and gave an additional tip of: $2.00
kriswrite gave me a good answer, although they originally
misunderstood my question. The second answer came back with exactly
what I needed. Google Answers is great.

Subject: Re: Gun Rack
From: markvmd-ga on 26 Sep 2006 14:22 PDT
Tony, you gotta toerail 'em so they can't slide out even if you use a
rubber buttcover.

*snicker*  Rubber buttcover.
Subject: Re: Gun Rack
From: kemlo-ga on 26 Sep 2006 16:38 PDT
Try searching with the term   Gun-rest
Subject: Re: Gun Rack
From: tony8312-ga on 28 Sep 2006 07:15 PDT
That is exactly what I'm looking for.

I can always count on google answers.

Thanks a lot.
Subject: Re: Gun Rack
From: kriswrite-ga on 28 Sep 2006 08:33 PDT
Tony, I'm glad to help! And thank you for the tip :)


Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy