Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Criminal Records ( No Answer,   0 Comments )
Subject: Criminal Records
Category: Family and Home > Parenting
Asked by: researchd-ga
List Price: $15.00
Posted: 27 Sep 2006 16:13 PDT
Expires: 02 Oct 2006 10:49 PDT
Question ID: 769052
Is there a way to access criminal records (sex offenders, etc.) on a
database on the web? Ideally, I am looking for a site that allows bulk
searches, or searches by zip code, and tells me the name and other
information of the felon for free.

Request for Question Clarification by cynthia-ga on 27 Sep 2006 16:47 PDT
There is no public database that will do what you ask. If you are a
law enforcement officer than yes, but there is no public access,

Request for Question Clarification by keystroke-ga on 27 Sep 2006 17:12 PDT
Hi researchd, 

Where do you live?


Request for Question Clarification by cynthia-ga on 27 Sep 2006 17:56 PDT

The only records that are publicly available on a national level is
the sexual predator database.

National Sex Offender Public Registry

Criminal records are maintained at a state and local level, and are
usually fee based for access. For instance, Washington State Patrol
allows public criminal records searches for $10.00 a name.

Washington State Patrol Identification and Criminal History Section
Not searchable by zip code.

Is the Sex Offender Registry sufficient to answer your question?

Clarification of Question by researchd-ga on 28 Sep 2006 13:03 PDT
Clarification: I am looking for all felon names. If only for one
state, I'd like to have it for California. Ideally, I'd like one where
I can get it for for free or pay one fee for as many searches as I
want in a period of time.

Request for Question Clarification by cynthia-ga on 28 Sep 2006 18:23 PDT
I looked. All the databases are fee based and do not allow batch
lookups. You must enter a name to start, and pay for each result
There is no answer at this time.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy