Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Best Universities in London for Masters in International Relations ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   1 Comment )
Subject: Best Universities in London for Masters in International Relations
Category: Reference, Education and News > Job and Careers
Asked by: ldc100-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 29 Sep 2006 06:05 PDT
Expires: 29 Oct 2006 05:05 PST
Question ID: 769455
I am about to graduate from my business degree and I would like to
work for the UN, or an NGO or one of the world's big foundations such
as the Gates Foundation or Clinton Foundation - I am therefore looking
for the best Master degrees in London for courses such as
"International Relations", "World Social Stucdies", "Public Health" -
I am not getting any good advice, can you help?
Subject: Re: Best Universities in London for Masters in International Relations
Answered By: keystroke-ga on 29 Sep 2006 10:08 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hello ldc100,

I would say without a doubt that the best master's degree in London in
these subjects could be found at the London School of Economics, or

The LSE has a Department of International Relations:

They have a degree giving an MSc (the equivalent of a master's degree)
in International Relations.

As you can see on that page, they have a number of MSc degrees besides
that in general International Relations:
MSc in International Political Economy
MSc Global Politics
MSc Politics and Government in the European Union
MSc Global History
MSc Global Politics
MA Global Studies
# MSc Health, Community and Development
# MSc Health Policy:
   MSc Health Policy, Planning and Financing
   MSc Health, Population and Society
   MSc International Health Policy
   MSc International Health Policy (Health Economics)
# MA/MSc History of International Relations
# MSc International Health Policy
# MSc International Health Policy (Health Economics)

A full list of the graduate degrees LSE offers can be found here:

LSE Graduate Degrees

London is a wonderful city to study in and the LSE has a great location. 

For an overview of the LSE, here is the school's Wikipedia entry:

My second recommendation would be King's College. You don't hear of
them much but they are a very good institution. (Most people probably
have only heard of them in popular culture, however, from "The Da
Vinci Code.") They offer a master's in international relations.

King's College MA in International Relations

King's School of Social Science and Public Policy

If you can't attend the LSE or King's but still want to go to school
in London, here are some choices:

Queen Mary University

Queen Mary is in the East End of London (next to where the Olympics
are going to be held in 2012), and it is one of the few colleges in
London in which you would have an actual campus atmosphere-- due to
the restrictions of the city, colleges such as King's have their
classes and students living in buildings scattered all over. QM might
appeal to you for this reason.

Queen Mary master's in International Relations

MRes in Global and Comparative Politics

London Metropolitan Unversity-- Dept. of Law and International Relations

University of London External Programme

Search terms:
london international relations
lse wikipedia
king's college wikipedia
queen mary's international relations
london graduate schools

If you need any additional help or clarification of my answer before
rating, let me know and I'll be glad to help.

ldc100-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars
very good answer - thank you so much for the help!

Subject: Re: Best Universities in London for Masters in International Relations
From: keystroke-ga on 19 Oct 2006 10:27 PDT
Thanks ldc100 for the five stars! I'm glad that I could help you.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy