Register a no-title MD vehicle in CA
Recently I have my eyes on a 1996 Toyota RAV4 on eBay (290033927307).
The problem is that the seller claims that the car has no title and is
selling it as parts. Since the car is drivable and in good conditions,
1. Is it legal for the owner to possess such a car that has no title
in the state of MD?
2. Are 1996 cars normally made for MD certfiable under CA emission
laws without making any major adjustments ($100=major) to the car
other than a smog check?
3. Does the state of CA allow such a car to be registered? If so, how
much for this car particularly if sold for, say, $500? How much if it
is sold as "parts"?
4. If I have the VIN for this car, could you recommend a cheap and
reliable site for VIN history search?
5. Would transporting a non-titled car across state borders a problem?
6. How much, on average, would this long-haul cost if I hire a company?
7. Is the deal worth the hassle? (answer optional)
|There is no answer at this time.|
|There are no comments at this time.|
Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general
information, and are not intended to substitute for
informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax,
legal, investment, accounting, or other professional
advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims
liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor,
service or service provider mentioned or any opinion
expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the
Google Answers Terms of Service.
If you feel that you have found inappropriate content,
please let us know by emailing us at
with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
|Search Google Answers for