I have a rabbit, and it is a he. He is about 3 month old and has been
in my place for 3 weeks. Last night, about 11:00pm, he was playing in
my bedroom. But suddenly, he start to run in an out-of-control manner,
rammed into furnitures and walls. Afterwards he flattend into a corner
of his cage, and is extremely afraid: very subtle motion can cause him
to run and hide again. A few minutes later, he start to thump the
ground with his rear feet, for many times. During the whole time, he
Today, the same thing has been happending quite a few times. And he
seems really afraid of me. Now I would like to know what's going on,
and what I can do to cure this (if it is problem at all).
1) I live in a very quite apartment (2nd floor), there are no other
animal, human include around (except me) at the time.
2) So far he has been very friendly with me.
3) He has fixed schedule for feeding, sleeping, and playing.
4) There seems to be no lack of food nor water. The food are purchase
from pet's store, and I haven't giving him anything else to eat. Water
is what I drink with vitamin (for pets) added.
5) I am a male.
6) Since yesterday, I have been moving slow motion in front of him,
but this still scare him some times.
A good answer will be that provide the information about such
behavior, its root cause, what I can do to cure it, and what I can do
to prevent from happending again. Thank you.