Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Licence to perform wedding in Las Vegas ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: Licence to perform wedding in Las Vegas
Category: Relationships and Society > Government
Asked by: creamygoodness-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 09 Oct 2006 11:38 PDT
Expires: 08 Nov 2006 10:38 PST
Question ID: 772027
Can a UK resident ordained by the Universal Life Church perform a
wedding in Las Vegas?
Subject: Re: Licence to perform wedding in Las Vegas
Answered By: keystroke-ga on 09 Oct 2006 12:05 PDT
Hello creamygoodnes, 

This can be done, with a little legwork on the minister's part
beforehand. The minister will have to contact the state of Nevada and
become certified to perform marriages there. In the case of
non-resident ministers, Nevada requires certification from the
minister's county that he or she is an ordained minister. Since the
Universal minister will have been ordained on the Internet, this is
probably not necessary and a quick check with Nevada authorities can
solve the matter. Universal Life Church marriages are indeed conducted
on a regular basis in Nevada, and even at the Burning Man festival:

"If your officiant lives outside Nevada, you and your fiancÚ will need
to give that person both your full names and address(es) so that s/he
can obtain written permission to marry you. It will probably take your
officiant a few weeks to secure this permission."

Getting Married at Burning Man

From the Nevada state website itself:

"Any licensed or ordained minister in good standing within his
denomination, whose denomination, governing body and church, or any of
them, are incorporated or organized or established in this state, may
join together as husband and wife persons who present a marriage
license obtained from any county clerk of the State, if the minister
first obtains a certificate of permission to perform marriages as
provided in this section and NRS 122.064 to 122.073, inclusive."

There are no restrictions on nationality or anything in these statutes.

If you need any more clarification, let me know and I'll be glad to help.


Clarification of Answer by keystroke-ga on 09 Oct 2006 12:06 PDT
Search terms:
nevada regulations marriage minister
There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy