Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Thermostat Replacement ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Thermostat Replacement
Category: Family and Home > Home
Asked by: vorlonblack-ga
List Price: $30.00
Posted: 10 Oct 2006 07:17 PDT
Expires: 09 Nov 2006 06:17 PST
Question ID: 772253
I have a Honeywell thermostat T4039M1004 that I would like to replace
with a high-end digital thermostat.  It is operating on 120v and has
Lo-Med-Hi fan speed selector, manual On/Off, and a heating or cooling
slider.  Any suggestions on alternatives? There are five wires per the
Honeywell schematics for the T4039M

Request for Question Clarification by redhoss-ga on 10 Oct 2006 13:21 PDT
You probably know this, but what you have is called a "line voltage"
thermostat. There are line voltage digital thermostats available for
heating only and maybe for cooling only. I don't think that there are
any available exactly like you seek. Would you consider two separate
thermostats. I see why you came to this forum.

Clarification of Question by vorlonblack-ga on 10 Oct 2006 14:50 PDT
Hi Redhoss, it's definately not a typical residential type of a
thermostat.  It's a fan-coil 4 pipe SPDT thermostat.  I've seen a few
thermostats from Honeywell that are digital for fan-coils but I cannot
tell which variant I need.  For example there are 1 and 2 relay
versions, manual vs auto heat/cool etc.

Unfortunately, I can only go with 1 control for safety reasons because
this thermostat controls both the heat and cooling via a single blower
motor for both.  If both thermostats were activated it cause the gas
heater and A/C to kick off on the same system, blowers, duct work,
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Thermostat Replacement
From: redhoss-ga on 11 Oct 2006 06:04 PDT
You could use relays and a transformer for control voltage. Then you
would have a large choice of low voltage digital thermostats.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy