Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Legal- Restraining Notice Service- New York ( Answered,   2 Comments )
Subject: Legal- Restraining Notice Service- New York
Category: Business and Money > Small Businesses
Asked by: gregbrooksny-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 19 Oct 2006 18:33 PDT
Expires: 18 Nov 2006 17:33 PST
Question ID: 775208
I am looking for the name, phone number, web address, and address of a
company that provides a service which will issue Restraining Notices
to banks on behalf of an attorney who is pursuing the collection of a
judgment debt.
Subject: Re: Legal- Restraining Notice Service- New York
Answered By: keystroke-ga on 21 Oct 2006 13:33 PDT
Hello gregbrooksny,

Thank you for your question.

I believe that nelson-ga must have mistakenly seen "restraining order"
rather than "restraining notice."  As I can see from your username,
you are from New York, where restraining  ntoices can indeed be served
by court clerks or lawyers (officers of the court) when a judgment
debt needs to be repaid.  This has nothing to do with restraining

"A restraining notice may be issued by the clerk of the court or the
attorney for the judgment creditor as officer of the court. It may be
served upon any persons, except the employer of a judgment debtor
where the property sought to be restrained consists of wages or salary
due or to become due to the judgment debtor . It shall be served
personally in the same manner as a summons or by registered or
certified mail, return receipt requested. It shall specify all of the
parties to the action, the date that the judgment or order was
entered, the court in which it was entered, the amount of the judgment
or order and the amount then due thereon, the names of all parties in
whose favor and against whom the judgment or order was entered, it
shall set forth subdivision (b) and shall Statutee that disobedience
is punishable as a contempt of court, and it shall contain an original
signature or copy of the original signature of the clerk of the court
or attorney which issued it. N.Y. Civil. Prac. L. &  R. 5222(a)."

We Serve It

We Serve It is a self-described "complete legal support service" and
serves processes and subpoenas throughout NY, NJ and CT. They should
definitely be able to do this for you.

We Serve IT
Phone:  (718) 946-1780    Fax: (718) 946-1781

Here are a few others:
Process Server Plus Inc
9720 101st Ave # A
Jamaica, NY 11416
(718) 845-5523

Michael J Quinn Process Server
3404 31st Ave # 185
Astoria, NY 11106
(718) 204-5762

APS Process Server
1555 Seabury pl
Bronx, NY 10460
(718) 378-0069

Alternatively, you could send the notice by certified mail as outline above.

Search terms:
restraining notice
process server new york

If you need any additional clarification, let me know and I'll be glad
to assist you. Thank you for coming to Google Answers!


Request for Answer Clarification by gregbrooksny-ga on 23 Oct 2006 17:05 PDT
Thank you.  Maybe I did not do a good job in explaining what I meant.

I am not looking for process servers. 

The Restraining Notice may be just sent thru the US mail, typically from an 
attorney.  The service that I am looking for, has a list of all the
financial institutions and "mass-mails" all of them with the same
Restraing Notice on behalf of the attorney.  They do that in order to
freeze up any accounts that a judgment debtor might have there.  The
attorney pays them to do that. Thank you.
Subject: Re: Legal- Restraining Notice Service- New York
From: nelson-ga on 20 Oct 2006 21:51 PDT
Only a judge can issue a restraining order.
Subject: Re: Legal- Restraining Notice Service- New York
From: gregbrooksny-ga on 24 Oct 2006 04:40 PDT
Who said anything about a restraining Order?

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy