Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Component or DVI to Firewire MPEG2-TS converter ( No Answer,   2 Comments )
Subject: Component or DVI to Firewire MPEG2-TS converter
Category: Computers > Hardware
Asked by: freedenizen-ga
List Price: $75.00
Posted: 20 Oct 2006 11:57 PDT
Expires: 19 Nov 2006 10:57 PST
Question ID: 775413
I am looking for a device that will convert an HD Component Video or
DVI along with an analog or Digital Optical audio connection to
ieee1394 (firewire).  The firewire output needs to be MPEG2-TS not DV.
 I am looking for a "low" cost solution under $2000 if possible.
Here is the basic idea:

Dvi or Component Video-----------\
                                  >---Firewire (ieee1394) MPEG2-TS
Optical Digital or Analog Audio--/

Request for Question Clarification by keystroke-ga on 27 Oct 2006 05:47 PDT
Hello freedenizen,

Will this company be any good for your

They make custom cables.


Clarification of Question by freedenizen-ga on 31 Oct 2006 07:15 PST
A cable won't work, it as it needs to actually do processing.  I would
prefer a standalone unit rather then need to have another PC running
just doing this.
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Component or DVI to Firewire MPEG2-TS converter
From: vinods-ga on 22 Oct 2006 05:12 PDT

does this have to be a standalone unit or can it be a PCI card or
something like this on a computer?

Subject: Re: Component or DVI to Firewire MPEG2-TS converter
From: thraxes-ga on 01 Nov 2006 03:30 PST
If a PCI-Express card is acceptable, I can highly recommed Blackmagic
Designs Multibridge Extreme. It can use HD-SDI and analog YUV
component inputs, AES/EBU digital Audio and analog balanced audio I/O.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy