Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: noisy neighbour ( Answered,   1 Comment )
Subject: noisy neighbour
Category: Relationships and Society > Law
Asked by: niceboo1-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 23 Oct 2006 22:29 PDT
Expires: 22 Nov 2006 21:29 PST
Question ID: 776293
I have a neighbour who watches tv very loud, does parties and moves
furniture  especially in the late evening and at night. I tried
talking to im, but he always denies and last night when he was
extremely loud and I knocked on the sealing he came down and yelled at
me by my door at 2 am!!!  I'm afraid of him. Where can I complaint?

Request for Question Clarification by answerfinder-ga on 24 Oct 2006 00:22 PDT
Which country, state, town?
Subject: Re: noisy neighbour
Answered By: politicalguru-ga on 24 Oct 2006 00:30 PDT
Dear Niceboo, 

If you have a problem with your neighbour, you have several options: 

- if you, or he, are tenants, to discuss it with the landlord (that is
a long term solution)

- on the short term, disturbing the peace is a violation of the law,
and is something that your local police station sould deal with. [How
effective that will be? I have no idea: I had a much worse neighbour,
who used to beat up his wife. We used to call the police when we heard
the violence inside, but these idiots came with all their flashing
lights, causing him of course to stop when they were there. Because
she wouldn't complain and we just heard things, nothing has happened
to him. However, the police is your address for complaints.]

I hope this answers your question. Please contact me if you need any
clarification on this answer before you rate it.
Subject: Re: noisy neighbour
From: answerfinder-ga on 24 Oct 2006 01:42 PDT
Your spelling of neighbours indicates you may be from the UK. If that
is the case, then the following guidance from this website may assist
The web design isn?t that clear but the link to continue the article
is at the bottom of each page.
If you?re not from the UK, then clearly the relevant legislation is
not appropriate, but the general advice may well assist you.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy