Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Attorney's who work on a contingency basis for business collections. ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: Attorney's who work on a contingency basis for business collections.
Category: Business and Money
Asked by: jastor-ga
List Price: $200.00
Posted: 26 Oct 2006 23:58 PDT
Expires: 25 Nov 2006 22:58 PST
Question ID: 777353
Hi there,
This might be a tough one, but I'm could use your help with:
a.) locating a successful attorney in the LA area who advertises, or
is known to work, on a contingency basis for business collection cases
over $1.6M.  This might be referred to as a civil case if I'm not
b.) what injunctive relief is available under California law for the
above scenario?  please name specific actions we can take with and
without lawyers.
Subject: Re: Attorney's who work on a contingency basis for business collections.
Answered By: pafalafa-ga on 27 Oct 2006 13:50 PDT

Thanks for bringing your question to Google Answers, and best of luck
in resolving your situation.

From what I can see, most collection lawyers are willing to work on a
contingency basis, so it shouldn't be difficult to find one in your

For starters, here are some collection lawyers and firms in the Los Angeles area:

[The lawyers listed here have all confirmed that they work on contingency]

Dyne, Friedland & Omrani, P.L.C.
Steven Friedland
818/593-2041 Fax: 818/593-2033
6355 Topanga Canyon Blvd Ste 235
Woodland Hills, CA 91367-2108

Law Offices of Allan D. Sarver
Allan Sarver
800/757-7785 Fax: 818/981-0026
16027 Ventura Blvd Ste 660
Encino, CA 91436-4469

Law Offices of Howard Goodman
Howard Goodman
818/996-8903 Fax: 818/996-2942
18321 Ventura Blvd Ste 915
Tarzana, CA 91356-4255

Law Office of Martin F. Goldman
Martin F. Goldman
310/470-8487 Fax: 310/474-0653
10880 Wilshire Blvd Ste 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90024-4123

The Guerrini Law Firm
John D. Guerrini
626/229-9611 Fax: 626/229-9615
750 E Green St Ste 200
Pasadena, CA 91101-2126

Zide & O'Biecunas
Thomas Zide
818/988-0180 Fax: 818/988-1217
14123 Victory Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91401-1928

The Law Offices of Robert B. Serian & Assoc.
Robert B. Serian
661/257-7470 Fax: 661/257-7474
27955 Smyth Dr Ste 107
Valencia, CA 91355-4043


The firms below also do collections.  They likely can do them on a
contingency basis, but this was not explicitly confirmed in the
information sources consulted:

Seals & Tenenbaum
2323 W. Lincoln Avenue, Suite 127,Anaheim, 92801
714/991-9131; FAX: 714/991-6526
The Guerrini Law Firm
750 East Green Street, Suite 200,Pasadena, 91101
626/229-9611; FAX: 626/229-9615

Burnett & Matthews LLP
4675 MacArthur Court, Suite 1540,Newport Beach, 92660
949/729-0705; FAX: 949/729-0630

Jacqueline N. Anker
27 W. Anapamu Street, #325,Santa Barbara, 93101
805/962-1024; FAX: 805/962-9043
Brachfeld Associates, PC
20300 S. Vermont Ave., Suite 120,Torrance, 90502-1338
310/273-7867; FAX: 310/273-9867
Greenbaum & Katz, LLP
840 Newport Center Dr., Suite 720,Newport Beach , 92660
800/519-0562; FAX: 888/760-7210
Toll Free: 800/519-0562
Hollins Schecter, Attorneys at Law
1851 East First Street, 6th Floor,Santa Ana, 92705
714/558-9119; FAX: 714/558-9091
Deborah R. Bronner & Associates
11600 Washington Pl., Ste. 116A, P.O. Box 661392,Los Angeles, 90066
310/572-1286; FAX: 310/572-0112
Bruce A. Hatkoff, A Law Corporation
l6633 Ventura Blvd., Ste. 940, Encino, 91436-1801
818/990-5180; FAX: 818/990-2463
Chandler J. Coury
6433 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Suite 280,Canoga Park, 91303
818/710-0119; FAX: 818/986-8584
Martin F. Goldman
10880 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 2240, Los Angeles, 90024
310/470-8487; FAX: 310/474-0653
Law Offices of T. Britt Rudman
9190 West Olympic Blvd., #119,Beverly Hills, 90212
310/274-8529; FAX: 310/861-8916
Collection Lawyers
2850 Artesia Boulevard, Suite 201,Redondo Beach, 90278-3414
800/653-5720; FAX: 800/871-5423
Dyne, Friedland & Omrani, PLC
6355 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Ste. 235,Woodland Hills, 91367-2100
818/593-2041; FAX: 818/593-2033
Law Offices of Louis Jacobs
11693 San Vicente Blvd. #318, Los Angeles, 90049
310/312-1860; FAX: 310/444-2060

You also asked what steps you could take short of hiring an attorney.

Please note the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.  Google Answers
is no substitute for professional legal advice, so take all this with
the appropriate grains of salt.

Please be aware that most states have rather strict laws regarding
collections, since the process has, in the past, often been abused by
unscrupulous collection agents who resort to harrassment:
Your rights under California's Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

For that reason, be very careful in taking collection measures on your
own that go beyond normal business practices, such as sending an
overdue notice.

One option to consider is to use commercial collection services rather
than a lawyer.  These services, too, often work on a contingency fee
basis.  They will attempt to recover the money owed, but if it comes
to the point of having to file a lawsuit, then you'll have to turn the
case over to a lawyer.

Some services in the LA area are:
Los Angeles Collection Agency
Southwest Collection Service, Inc
Other Collection Agencies In Los Angeles, California


Depending on the circumstances of the debt, it may also be possible to
file a lien on your own.  A lien is a form of "encumberance" on a
property that, in effect, stakes your claim on the property because of
an outstanding debt.  For instance, a lien on a house would prevent
the owner of the house from selling it, until the lien is cleared.

I can't offer any specifics on this option, since it depends so much
on the particulars of your case.  But here is a link to some general
information on liens in California:
Putting a Lien on a Debtor's Property

Although this page is geared towards collecting legal judgements (e.g.
from small claims court), the information will give you a good
overview of lien options, and the process involved.

Some more general information on liens can be found here:

I trust this information fully answers your question.  

However, please don't rate this answer until you have everything you
need.  If you would like any additional information, just post a
Request for Clarification to let me know how I can assist you further,
and I'm at your service.

All the best, and again, good luck!

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy