Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: PC Phone ( No Answer,   3 Comments )
Subject: PC Phone
Category: Computers > Hardware
Asked by: dwcrossley-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 31 Oct 2006 02:03 PST
Expires: 30 Nov 2006 02:03 PST
Question ID: 778718
How can I use my PC modem and PC speaker/mic as a phone over regular phone lines?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: PC Phone
From: calcop-ga on 18 Nov 2006 04:01 PST
You need a voice modem. Motorola makes one. You can find them in your
local computer store. They usually come with software to do this. You
can also do VoIP.
Subject: Re: PC Phone
From: hzim0rt4l-ga on 19 Nov 2006 09:11 PST

i dont think you do need a voice modem - they are just a hardware only solution.

about 10 years ago there was a program called Supervoice (might now be
combined with Superfax) that did what you want with any modem that
could dial a number that you specified.......
Subject: Re: PC Phone
From: whubbard-ga on 20 Nov 2006 01:58 PST
Download a program called SKYPE:

It is free to call other SKYPE users, however you will have to pay
them to call non-skype lines (i.e. Land Lines)

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy